Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulcus

Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application Empty
PostSubject: Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application   Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Character Name: Cylina... not much is known about the girl; growing up alone, she named herself that. Her real parents may have named her differently, but no one is sure. She is simply, "Cylina".

Character History:

- "Cylina was forever scarred. Growing up in Goblin communities, she had many fears and desires which she would probably never achieve due to her being a woman."

- "Just a child... she was left on the streets of Ratchet. Luckily, a wealthy Tauren took her in... but she fled for Booty Bay, hiding in a supply box as a stowaway on a ship bound for Stranglethorn."
------------
------------
- "She tossed a rock in her hand, waiting. She stood outside the firing range. Being the only female in line, the greasy, rude, arrogant men in front of her chuckled at her being there. She could only narrow her eyes; she had limited rights in Booty Bay."

- "She handed the goblin a few coins clumsily and entered the building casually, although slightly irritated from the Bay's looks of misplacement. How would she know or care?! It wasn't her fault she was stuck there, in such an industrial, smoggy area! Besides, if it weren't for Smith, she wouldn't be there anyway."

- "She stepped up to the sandbags, firing her weapon at the target dummy. It seemed as if the recoil of the weapon made no effect on her accuracy. Men behind her, not even close to being that accurate, were nearly dumbfounded."

She always wanted to be a marksman, a sniper, and as that profession, she could do nearly anything she wanted. Kill, hunt, or just shoot for fun. That was what she wanted. 'Seemed awkward, and most females dreamed more of power or wealth. But she was different, and she liked it that way.

- "She handed her gun to the next person and left after her turn. Approaching the tavern was the same everyday. Go shoot, go to the tavern, talk with random people, meh. She had no friends, maybe a few acquaintances here and there. The majority of them were Goblins."

- "It seemed the girl had grown used to insults, teasing, or being looked-down upon. She didn't care anymore. Despite thousands of barriers and problems, she was in. She had her life goal set, and she refused to give up."

- "Years had passed, she had grown, and she still hadn't a job, nevertheless. Her old friend, Smith, was her part-time mentor in marksmanship. She had a choice. Become a barmaid, or some other weak job around the 'Bay or in Ratchet... or continue her life dream: a true female marksman."

- "She made her decision. Even if it meant death for herself or others in the end, defeat was not an option."

For the most part, her life was dull and boring until she actually planned to achieve a goal. She had no affiliation with the Horde or the Alliance, and had no intention of moving into one of their territories.
------------
------------
Character Personality:

- Cylina is simply determined; strong-willed, in other words. Nothing dare stand in her way.

- She has gone great lengths to get what she desires, but she does so not in cruelty or brutality or destruction, but in faith, common sense and respect.

- It seems she has likes and dislikes which are very differing to that of the majority of other females. Interest in guns, marksmanship, and the fact that she lives in Booty Bay (where she was abandoned as a child). She is nearly always seen wearing green clothing; from what her new caretakers told her, her parents favored the color green, so she wears that color in respect of them, hoping someday she will meet them.

- Seemingly, she has a 'tricky', 'cheating' attitude. This is because she has grown up in Goblin communities, hence Goblins are 'tricky and cheating' in some ways.

- She is only slowly angered, it would take a day of insulting to get a big emotion out of her. When it comes to personal problems, she is somewhat emotional and dramatic. Otherwise, she tends to take it calmly and 'look on the bright side' of everything.

Knowledge of <Prestige Class>:

I think my knowledge of the Marksman is pretty much clear.

A marksman is a person that is skilled in precision shooting - using projectile weapons, such as with a rifle or with a sniper rifle, to shoot at far-away targets.

I would definitely want to find a concealed spot to 'pick off' targets, cautious of blowing my cover. I wouldn't want to wear something bright (this only applies to when it's nighttime or in a dark area, I could be in the snow or something) or a different color of the area I am hiding in; I'd want to blend in.

Also, the difference between a marksman and a sniper is that a marksman is usually considered an natural part of a team of soldiers, whereas snipers tend to work independently (or with other snipers in some cases). Just to clarify.

What can and can’t a <Prestige Class> do?

- Marksmen are, of course, limited to many things. I know that even a marksman is not 100% accurate; because his finger could slip or the recoil could set him off-balance, or the weight of the gun. But, they are still 'very' accurate in most cases.

What they CAN do:
> Usually run fast, that really depends on their physical condition, etc.

> Reload faster than the average gunman, which, for the guns in this age period, would normally take longer.

> Aim steadier, again, that depends on their strength.

> Have the ability to take shots and pick off targets without their location or status being compromised.

> Be able to maintain fear in potentially bad situations.

> Have at least fair knowledge of guns or ranged weaponry, how to use them in general, logistics, etc.
------------
------------
What they CANNOT do:

> Fire a bullet and let it immediately gain a headshot; nobody is perfectly accurate, of course it is possible if you get the perfect angle and visual... but you WOULD NOT get a headshot aiming through a tree or a barrier. No way.

> Usually is more faster than strong, and has a 'kill first, talk later' instinct.

> Usually is dedicated just to marksmanship; I wouldn't be able to be skilled in magics or some other major skill like that.

> Always 'escape' a situation in which you have been compromised or have your cover blown... be realistic.

> Always expect to get a kill when firing a shot, this one doesn't really matter, but the marksman may be accused of god-modding when you attempt to snipe them in some cases.

Why should you be allowed to play a <Prestige Class>?

- I've been roleplaying for years, and usually I have never applied for anything, just gone along with a normal character, nothing special. I've finally decided that I should apply, and I think that I am well-fit for this class with my experience. I can create small RP events and scenarios as a marksman, such as an assassination attempt, which will lead to new statuses and statements throughout the Rebel-WoW community.

- I've already done everything ICly to become a marksman; Smith (a.k.a gentlemen) has initiated me into being his trainee and apprentice. He told me I needed to apply for this since it is a prestige class.

Will you God-mod/Metagame with any of the powers <Prestige Class> grants you?

Absolutely not. I have never power-gamed / god-modded / meta-gamed once on Rebel-WoW; the only time I can think of was on another server years ago when I had first started RPing. That's all.

Do you understand that any GM/Admin, at any time, has the right to revoke your privilages as a <Prestige Class>, or any other Prestige Class?
Yes. I understand this completely

What is your rank within this prestige class? (Only Apprentice and Intermediate. Masters must have special permission from Vendryas himself.)

Apprentice, because Smith is training me ICly. This 'fact' will also add to RP.
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application   Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:59 am

Sir, You made my day.
APPROVED
Back to top Go down

Cylina - Apprentice Marksman Application
Page 1 of 1