Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tehlerion

Tehlerion

Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn Empty
PostSubject: Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn   Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:21 pm

( This is the second part to my application, the first one is for the race of Dragonspawn. )

Character Name: Dalenvik Volorthas

Character History: Dalenvik Volorthas (aliased to Dalenvos for short), was one of those Dragonspawn which was formerly of another race. He was originally a high elven ranger that had quietly served Quel'thalas back in the days before it was razed to the ground by the Undead Scourge. Whilst he was out on a scouting mission to make note any new Amani Troll incursions in the areas which are now known as the Ghostlands, he had come across a wounded human priest that was beset by an Amani raiding party. Now one was expecting him to be a 'valiant knight' and charge the Amani's and route them and send them scattering. No, he was no valiant knight or a crusader of righteousness. Even back then he was calm and calculating...he followed the Amani raiders once they had captured the priest and two of her fellows back to one of their outlying villages outside of Zul'Aman, whereupon he had drugged their drinks with sleeping powder and had waited for them to pass out from the intoxicated drinks. He then stole the key from one of the guards and freed the captives and lead them back to the safety of one of the nearby Farstrider lodges. It had turned out that the priest he had rescued was, in fact, an emissary from Lordaeron that was being sent to Silvermoon City to negotiate terms of supplies coming through one of the Quel'thalasian regions. By the order of the Regent Lord of Silvermoon, he was to guard her on her way back to Lordaeron and to accompany her until relieved by the priestess. He did as he was biddened to do. Later on in his life, he had discovered that the priestess he had saved was actually a red dragon in disguise and that she had been sent by the Red Aspect to check up on the relations between the mortal races. She was reluctant at first to show her identity to the ranger for fear of his reaction, and was thusly surprised when he announced that he was told to protect her and that he said that he didn't care what race she was...she could have been a hated black and he would have continued to protect her, as it was his duty to do so. So smitten was she with his devotion that she decided to make him her Sworn once he was ready. And when the Undead Scourge and the Burning Legion began to invade Azeroth, she had come to Dalenvik and told of him the danger he was going to face. At first he was reluctant to leave his city behind, but her words caused him concern and he had sought out an Oracle (or Chronomancer) to show to him if there was any way to save Silvermoon from it's fate...when he learned the truth, he felt as if he did not need to remain in Silvermoon. Despite failed attempts to get his family to leave the city, he had left Silvermoon with his red dragon friend and they fled away from the war and watched from afar. He had no choice but to watch as his people fought valiantly, and were defeated at the hands of Arthas Menethil, the Champion of the Scourge. He watched as his city burned, and the sunwell fall. When the Sunwell was destroyed by Arthas, he felt a crippling pain surging through his breast. And the red dragon knew, that if no other source of energy was to be found for him, then he would die. And so, in a desperate act to save her friend...she entitled upon her friend the gift of being her Sworn, and opened to him her own essence...that he might draw upon it, and prevent himself from succumbing to addiction and withdrawal, like so many of his fellow kin had done in the past. It was due to this unique bond they shared, that he was quick to ascend to a Dragonspawn, but alas...his dragon friend did not last long after he ascended. She was ambushed by dragonhunters out in the Searing Gorge...and there she was slain, her body used as materials for the foul hunter's trophies and sold to various magical schools. He had systematically found each hunter that had slain his friend, and he had sysmetically killed them each...in the very same manner they had killed his friend. With his mentor gone, he had no purpose left...so he wandered the lands, away from cities and off on his own, seeking a new purpose for himself.

Character Personality: Dalenvik (otherwise known as Dalenvos) has a rather unusual personality for a Dragonspawn. Whereas most are either uptight, proud, arrogant, or zealotic; he is rather laid-back and doesn't really care about what occurs around him. He is calm and collected, even in the most dire of situations. He does not freak out easily, nor does he overreact when situations become unpleasant. He is calm under pressure, and is able to formulate ways to get out of most any hostile situation without the cause for bloodshed. In fact, he is strictly against random acts of violence and prefers to spend his time debating philosophies with other races--even if they are racist towards him. He doesn't really care if someone is racist towards him, or discriminates against him because of what he is--why? Because he knows it almost futile to try and get someone to change their viewpoints with words alone, and prefers to let his actions, not his words, speak for himself. Though if he has one emotional flaw is it that he holds grudges, and if someone wrongs a friend of his in any way...he will often go out of his way to ensure that those that have wronged his friends, feel the exact same pain and suffering they had inflicted upon others.

Knowledge of the Dragonsworn: Dragonsworn are people whom have been taken under the wing of a Dragon for any number of reasons, mostly those they considered as close friends or as allies of convenience (in the case of black dragons). Dragonsworn are those whom serve their Dragon Masters in a variety of ways, such as protecting them or acting on their behalf in locations which are too dangerous for the Dragon to venture into themselves. An example of this is that a Red Dragon needs to find out about some potentially dangerous activities going on amidst a Shadowmoon Gathering, they couldn't venture into it themselves as they'd be discovered quickly, so they send their Sworn in their stead and have them divulge what information they could from the cultists in an attempt to keep them from doing something which would cause untold destruction upon Azeroth. Such as summoning a high-level Demon of the Burning Legion, such as a Pit Lord or an Eredar.

What can and can’t a Dragonsworn do?: All things that a Dragonsworn can do is depended upon how their Dragon Master treats them. For example, a Black Dragon may teach it's sworn the art of diplomacy in order to send them into a city to act as an ambassador on their behalf or to sow unrest and civil war between several factions. Or a Blue Dragon may give unto their Sworn a relic of magical power to assist them in any tasks they are given. In short, a Dragonsworn's powers and abilities are governed only by the Dragons in which they serve faithfully.

Why should you be allowed to play a Dragonsworn?: Because I feel that I will not utilize this class in order to better myself, and unlike many who tend to abuse prestige classes, I do not seek out this class for 'power' merely as the option to become, or remain, as a sworn as roleplay pans out. Also, in his history he was once a sworn so being approved to become a sworn will not require me to entirely rewrite my entire backstory to fit the character idea.

Will you God-mod/Metagame with any of the powers a Dragonsworn grants you?: No, I will not. As with my previous application, I do not like those godmode and metagame to get what they want as it is a way of cheating. And I hate cheaters in roleplay.

Do you understand that any GM/Admin, at any time, has the right to revoke your privilages as a Dragonsworn, or any other Prestige Class?: I do, but as with my previous application, I would like to be informed of the reason -why- I was revoked.

What is your rank within this prestige class? (Only Apprentice and Intermediate. Masters must have special permission from Vendryas himself.): Intermediate. He has been a sworn for a great deal of time, and I'm quite sure during that time he would have learned a bit more about his new lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn   Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:14 pm

D: NO need to do such a giant... uber giant applications.
You know? I dont have enough time to really all of it. Suspect
APPROVED.
Back to top Go down

Dalenvik Volorthas, Dragonsworn
Page 1 of 1