Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tashunke Spiritstrider

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

Tashunke Spiritstrider Empty
PostSubject: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Name: Tashunke

—Chapter One: Background — Pre-Azshara WoW

Tashunke was born about 96 years ago, in a small encampment that a group of nomadic tauren had been making on the go. His birth was not a big occasion on the scope of the world; His mother was a herbalist, and his father a kodo-hunter on the plains of Mulgore. He was raised for a while to be a kodo-hunter as his father was, and, though he showed some skill with the bow and arrow he was taught to use, he never enough showed enough finesse to surpass any of his peers.
The nomadic group of tauren was a rather normal one; They travelled the middle end of Mulgore and the Barrens, doing what they could to survive. For a while, things remained as they had always been, though, over time, the idea of permanent settlements was introduced to his group. These tauren, now fairly sizable in number, settled down at the place they thought best suited for hunting, fishing, and gathering; The edge of the only lake in Mulgore. Joined by several other tribes of the area, they called this first settlement "Bloodhoof Village", in honor to the mighty Bloodhoof, and of course, their leader, Cairne Bloodhoof.
Of course, Tashunke's group would one day meet the orcs, as Warchief Thrall's missionaries came to help protect the settlement from the evil and mind-corrupted centaur. Instead of fearing these green-skinned friends, young Tashunke was rather curious about their history, and wanted to learn a great deal from it. He unofficially gave up on the kodo-hunting skills he had been taught as a child, and instead, sought knowledge of the Orcs... Soon followed by a curiosity for the Trolls. After he had learned all that he deemed suitable, his mind wandered to other areas of thinking; He began to watch the animals in the Plains, trying to mimic what they did to survive. At first, the ideas of shamanism were appealing to him, though they did not really suit what he wanted to be.
The months passed, and rumors of a huge mesa-city being built reached the ears of the Bloodhoof Village tauren. Excited to see, Tash immediately packed his bags (What little he owned), and travelled to the city. There, he was thrilled to see that an ancient magic had been re-taught to the tauren; The art of Druidism. Under the instruction of the other druids, he trained as hard as he could, putting all his time and energy into learning the ways of the animals, and how to bond with them. Over the next few years, he gained favor among the other new druids; However, the tauren had reached his prime, and, wanderlust burning inside him, thought it would be best to set out, searching for the many secrets that the world held. Later that week, the druid bid goodbye to his teachers and friends, and travelled out into the vast land that was Azeroth.

—Chapter Two: IC — Azshara WoW

The tauren travelled to the Barrens, heading west, in hopes of seeing where the Orcs, his initial interest, had come from; More likely, he wanted to meet humans, and see if they really were the savage beasts that the orcs interpreted them to be. Unfortunately, the tauren didn't realize that the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor were separated by a large ocean. He found himself in the goblin town of Ratchet, but, luckily enough for him, did manage to meet a human; Jethelon. Together, along with several others, and a troll that would eventually become a close friend, Jalaka, the group set off to head South, towards Tanaris.

And along the way, Tashunke met Vaeristrasza the Red. Obviously, the presence of the huge, red dragon was very intimidating, though he grew excited when the dragon wasn't hostile, and instead turned out to be kind and wise. Vaera and Tash would also become close friends. Once free of Ratchet, Tashunke made his way North, though the Barrens, Ashenvale, and Felwood. He had been told that the secrets to "Great Druidism" would be shown to him in Moonglade, the northernmost area in Kalimdor. He reached Moonglade, and his bliss, ignorant world was shattered when he learned of a threat that could change his life forever; The Emerald Nightmare. The tauren immediately pledged himself to end this terrible epidemic, and found aid in a trustful society of druids that were also dedicated to the task; The Defenders of the Dream. Led by Whinsera the Green, the group of druids seemed to accept Tash as a friend and ally, accepting his help. The Defenders battled the Nightmare, though it seemed that even the great power of the druids couldn't match that of the Nightmare. They would be forced to get aid from other groups. Eager to help, Tashunke aided the Defenders in seeking out re-enforcements, gathering the Order of the Silver Shield, led by their captain, Marcus. The Defenders had convinced the Kirin Tor to help, as well, and the three groups, along with Tash, drove the Nightmare back to the Emerald Dream.

In the meantime, the friendship bond between Vaera and Tash grew, until they were very close. So close, in fact, that Vaeristrasza would offer to make Tashunke her Dragonsworn, an offer that Tash accepted, though reluctantly, afraid that the powers assosiated with Dragonsworn could corrupt his mind, as the Nightmare had corrupted the healthy beings of Azeroth. Once he did accept Vaera's offer, he vowed not to use it in any way to benefit himself only, and use it for the sole purpose of helping the world recover, and prepare for the battles ahead.

After the ordeals Tashunke had experienced, and the stress he had endured, the tauren decided to return to Bloodhoof, and Thunder Bluff, for he craved to once again see the Plains. His physical strength was ebbing, and he was growing older, and more frail. He decided that it would be beneficial to return to his homelands, and offer what knowledge he could to those that had taught him.

—Chapter Three: Fifteen Years In-between AzsharaWoW and RebelWoW

Tashunke Returned to Thunder Bluff, and to Bloodhoof Village. For two years, he gave up all outside connections, and all abilities of druidism. He then left into the Plains, alone, but for himself, and his thoughts. He connected with the plants, the animals, the very nature of the land; He wanted to feel whole again, and at ease, while testing his own faith in the spirits. When he returned, he found that the two settlements, Bloodhoof, and Thunder Bluff, had been prospering, but were in need of help. Tash worked hard, spreading his contacts, and becoming part of the Elder Circle. He pledged to help with finishing the construction of Thunder Bluff, and broke most of his ties with the outside world. Little did he notice as time went on, and the years went by idly. Over time, his parents died, and their passing was peaceful. Though his body was frail, and he relied more and more on his staff to keep him supported, Tashunke's spirit, and mind, were stronger than ever. He began to step down, always offering to help the younger tauren with tasks, wisdom, and advie; Especially the young Druids.

With the concept of permanent settlements, life had become much easier for the tauren of Mulgore, and Tash found an unsettling, though slight, trend. He found that a great deal of young children took their easy lives for granted, and didn't appreciate the sacrifices that their ancestors had made. After trying to educate as many young tauren as he could, the now elderly Tashunke set out to the plains south of Camp Narache, hoping to listen to the spirits, and ask them for guidance...

—Chapter Four: IC — Rebel WoW

The plains by Narache turned out to be a very good place for meditating with the spirits. After about a week of sleepless nights, staring at the stars, thinking hard, Tashunke was answered. He met a young tauren, a brash female, known ironically as Tashaundra. Seeing her as a sign from the spirits, Tash took her under his wing, wanting to educate the young tauren, teaching her and showing her the ways of her ancestors. They went to Thunder Bluff, where Tashaundra could learn the basics of druidism from some of the elders.

It was at that time when Vaeristrasza willed herself back into Tashunke's life, appearing to him once more, after fifteen years of little communication. The two rejoiced at seeing each other again, though the frivolities did not last long, as Vaera announced bad news. Dragonslayers were becoming more and more populous, and the Dragonflights were splitting. Moreover, the Twilight Portal in Duskwood, which had stood still since the Nightmare was driven back through it, had cracked, and was destroyed. Things were going on in the world that could not be explained. It was at this time that Tashunke seized the opportunity to leave Mulgore, with young Tashaundra, his student, by his side. The two have been traveling slowly to the Dragonblight since.

Roleplay for more info. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://amimir.deviantart.com
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:35 am

Don't you mean Vaeristrasz? I thought he (She?) Was a male red dragon? The "Eccentric" Mage? Ah, good times in Winterspring with Vaer -- When I attacked him as Albenor, it was very interesting.
Back to top Go down
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Zamoonda wrote:
Don't you mean Vaeristrasz? I thought he (She?) Was a male red dragon? The "Eccentric" Mage? Ah, good times in Winterspring with Vaer -- When I attacked him as Albenor, it was very interesting.

Was Vaeristrasz, but he changed her to a female IC-ly to use one of the new female-dragon skins. In-game, she's been a female her entire life, hehe. So now she is Vaeristrasza. Very Happy Don't worry, she's still eccentric.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Ah, that explains it -- Though, I rarely see Vaeristrasz(a) Online anymore?
Back to top Go down
Ryker

Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:43 am

Hey, it's Jalaka here. Never knew you were on the server til now :S

Aaaanyway, I'll be getting around to recreating Jalaka soon. Hope to come across you one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:23 am

Wait..but wasn't Jaspen his consort or something?..This 'ein be making any sense Question
Back to top Go down
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:08 am

Heya Ryker! Good ta see you. Very Happy Yeah, I hope we can hang out and RP some time.

And I believe Vaera ret-conned the whole Jaspen thing, as he didn't like the way she kept making him wait for her to be online to do any RP.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:49 am

AmionDragonbane wrote:
Heya Ryker! Good ta see you. Very Happy Yeah, I hope we can hang out and RP some time.

And I believe Vaera ret-conned the whole Jaspen thing, as he didn't like the way she kept making him wait for her to be online to do any RP.

Well..I haven't seen Vaer(a) for a long time now..Is he still on the server ,or on some alt? (Hmmn, Forum account?)
Back to top Go down
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Zamoonda wrote:
AmionDragonbane wrote:

Well..I haven't seen Vaer(a) for a long time now..Is he still on the server ,or on some alt? (Hmmn, Forum account?)

He's currently active-ish on the server, I believe, though on alts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tashunke Spiritstrider   Tashunke Spiritstrider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tashunke Spiritstrider
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel WoW :: Miscellaneous :: Character Profiles-
Jump to: