Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft

Go down 
+8
SourPuddle
Reaver
Jintal544
Zoe_Marie
Razmataz
Zaleth
BlatantDisobedience
novice451
12 posters
AuthorMessage
novice451

novice451

Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft Empty
PostSubject: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Here is some several things that I will lay out in numbers since people are too incompetent.

1. One guy cannot take out 50 people.

2. Two people cannot take out a frost wyrm by hanging onto it.

3. Each region will take at least days to get from one side to the other.

4. If you enter a place like Naxxramas or Deatholme by yourself with nothing else, you will die no matter what.

5. When fighting someone and there are other people around, don't just only focus on that one person's emote, pay attention to everything that fills that chatlog.

6. If you are in a room full of guards and people attacking at you, you will die, not even game mechanics can help you, you would be cut to shreds.

7. Not everyone is a noble/knight/king/relative of important lore figure/etc...

8. In real life, if you die, you die, you don't have a chance to QQ and ask if there are other ways you can still live.

9. Any typical person would take one look at Ghostlands/Duskwood/etc and be like "This place is scary, should we really enter?" Fear is part of realism. Not everyone is some noble "I fear nothing." guy.

Last edited by novice451 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlatantDisobedience

BlatantDisobedience

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 pm

You're QQing about realism in a fantasy world where theres Dragons, guys wielding massive swords and giant evil guys made out of fire?

Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Zaleth

Zaleth

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:54 pm

BlatantDisobedience wrote:
You're QQing about realism in a fantasy world where theres Dragons, guys wielding massive swords and giant evil guys made out of fire?

Good luck with that.

He's got a point there, In my past life of being a DnD ranger, I was able to take out a Giant in a Single shot and that's with a nat 20, but if you think about it, In all fantasy games there will always be stuff like that hence the word "Fantasy" meaning a creation of the imaginative faculty whether expressed or merely conceived: as a: a fanciful design or invention b: a chimerical or fantastic notion c: fantasia 1 d: imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters —called also fantasy fiction. So when you try to Argue about realism in a Game, it really goes down teh drain, and This being a Fantasy Rpg makes it even harder to argue with
Back to top Go down
Razmataz
Razmataz

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:32 am

Well we still abide by physics.

Jumping normal height.
Need water/food
Evolution.

So basically realism does exist, though people choose to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
Zoe_Marie

Zoe_Marie

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 am

Quote :
4. If you enter a place like Naxxramas or Deatholme, you will die no matter what.

Aqua doesnt approve. Just because there is a high risk of dieing. DO NOT MEAN YOU WILL!

Zoe has spoken!
Back to top Go down
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:28 am

Zoe_Marie wrote:
Quote :
4. If you enter a place like Naxxramas or Deatholme, you will die no matter what.

Aqua doesnt approve. Just because there is a high risk of dieing. DO NOT MEAN YOU WILL!

Zoe has spoken!
-sagenod-
And for "realism" in game, I say we follow to what Raz says. You need food and drink, and normal things of life. Also, you cannot single handingly take out a dragon. Stuff like that = Realism.

Jintal has spoken, now silence and rp!
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
Reaver

Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:12 am

Hmm... These posts.. They're so... Familiar?

I believe someone else has already stated that you create your posts on impulse, and you should think them through first. Well, let's go with that.
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Must. . .Not. . .

Quote :
You mean; Aqua doesn't approve simply because there is a high risk of dying. Because you enter those areas, which are actually potentially dangerous and most of the time your characters shouldn't be stupid enough to enter them, this does not mean you will die.

I think you shouldn't take him that literally. I'm sure you're not thinking that your character will die if, lets say, he runs into a base full of Scourge, right? Sure, he wont die; in the first few minutes. He will die eventually because it's a hostile area. Even if an NPC doesn't hit you doesn't mean they didn't spot you. NPC's aren't stupid, they're computer programmed; therfor incapable of warning the rest of his or her teamates. If you walk in Naxx, you will die. Your character can not be aligned with the Scourge. Your character will die because he is not of the Scourge and therfor seen as hostile. Sure, you wont drop dead on spot, but the enemies inside will attack you; and you will ICly die even if you OOCly kill them. Think about it.

Quote :
Jumping normal height.
Need water/food
Evolution.

If you jump off a rooftop ICly, your character will most likely break his or her leg. But if you do it OOCly, it's no big deal of course.

You shouldn't be hulking around for food and water, but of course your character should ICly see it as a necessity.

Evolution? Heh, you have me stumped. Evolution is a bit big. Think, in a real life example, not World of Warcraft, monkeys to humans. That's evolution. This wont happen in your characters lifetime, of course, though their attitudes and ideas may change over time.

Also, even though it's a fantasy game, we as RolePlayers strive for realism. Magic is real in World of Warcraft, and that's fantasy right there. We're not saying that Dragons and Ogres shouldn't exist, no, we're in a fantasy setting; but even in a world of fantasy there is such thing as realism. Realism meaning, realizing that your character may not be the best in the world, he is not perfect but he is faulty. Like we all are in real life; your character has his or her own opinions, they are not all as rich as eachother and there are very few people who have high positions in authority (Or military, from what I'm seeing). Realism meaning, hey, not everyone was a Knight or a Commander but not everyone was a peasant. You can still be a warrior and not be a soldier. You can still be a mage and not be in the Kirin Tor. Be creative; make sure your character has flaws; it's a lot more fun than you'd think.

Quote :
Hmm... These posts.. They're so... Familiar?

I believe someone else has already stated that you create your posts on impulse, and you should think them through first. Well, let's go with that.

No need to be rude, I think Novice just wants to help out the community; but instead of looking for threads, he goes ahead and makes his own. Look, he even has a reason to be posting his own; he has a ruleset that could help players. Novice, I do ask you to watch what you try to keep topics at a minimum, like the rest of us. Thanks, homes.

Edit: Added to my realism paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Razmataz
Razmataz

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 am

The backstory of WoW does invoke evolution.

Trolls to NElves
Nelves to Helves
Mag'har to Greenskin Orcs
Cows to Tauren
Back to top Go down
http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 am

Oh, I know -that-, I meant that you're most likely NOT going to RP anywhere remotely close to evolution. Hehe. It takes a while for one thing to turn to another.
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 6:35 am

novice451 wrote:
Here is some several things that I will lay out in numbers since people are too incompetent....<Blah Blah>

https://rebelwow.forumotion.net/off-topic-discussion-f19/crybabies-and-a-bit-of-understanding-others-t251.htm
Back to top Go down
Zoe_Marie

Zoe_Marie

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:18 am

Quote :
8. In real life, if you die, you die, you don't have a chance to QQ and ask if there are other ways you can still live.guy.

Now this made me laugh.

NO SHIT, Buddy.
Back to top Go down
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Zoe_Marie wrote:
Quote :
8. In real life, if you die, you die, you don't have a chance to QQ and ask if there are other ways you can still live.guy.

Now this made me laugh.

NO SHIT, Buddy.

First of all... that was a Fail comment novice. Everyone gets that u can live only once in real life and if u die, ur dead.
Secondly, this is a fantasy world! People can resurrect people and can make some crazy shit!
and yes Zoe, I think that made us all laugh What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
Alpha2518

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm

[quote=\"Jintal544\"][quote=\"Zoe_Marie\"]
Quote :

Zoe has spoken![/quote]
-sagenod-
And for \"realism\" in game, I say we follow to what Raz says. You need food and drink, and normal things of life. Also, you cannot single handingly take out a dragon. Stuff like that = Realism.

Jintal has spoken, now silence and rp![/quote]

Actually you can kill a dragon using tactics and smarts like Vendrayas said. EVERYTHING HAS A WEAKNESS THEREFORE IT CAN BE KILLED. Ex: Undead die from holy magic. Even my paladins weakness is that if a comrade is killed or knocked out he will become bloodlusted due to a past experiance that is explained allowing him to be killed or turned into a death knight. If you were to find a weakspot of a dragon you would have to observe it in combat or capture a whelp and do an autopsy on it or something along that line. Yes dragons are hard to kill but they can be killed by one person if they are smart enough. Those burdened in heavy armour like plate will have a harder time doing so as oppossed to those in more flexible mail armour. Leather and cloth would also work but can catch on fire. Skill and experiance of the Dragon Hunter is also a factor. A \"Greenhorn\" would more likely die as oppossed to an experianced one so the experianced dragon hunters will have to teach the greenhorns and the greenhorns must seek out the experianced ones. Though on two dragons may be possible to kill by yourself but isnt likely without somesort of help which does not include pets unless that pet is another dragon. One added thing not related to dragons. You do not need to be dead to become a Death Knight. You need only be captured and then tortured into submission or in the case of my paladins past experiances if his friends are killed or knocked out he will join the Death Knights seeing that it is futile to continue to be an agent of good as his friend keep dieing, but lets try to stay on topic if that is going off topic.

Last edited by Alpha2518 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm

And I repeat... Go to Complaint forum.
Discussion is Over.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Just to clear up the thing about "Dragons can be killed by one person" Yep, Titans cna be killed by one person, heck, Sargeras could be killed byo ne person. If Dragons can be killed by "one person" That doesn't mean -anyone- can kill A Dragon, it simply means that they can be killed by one person, That person could be another dragon, a mad Apothacery who has the tools to quickly kill a dragon (~Peers at Alandil~).

Dragons are killable by a person. That isn't farmer Jones nor is he the everyday's commoner. That person could be another dragon, it could be a Titan. Draconic Powers have not been reduced as I understand in any way, it is simply to tell the community that dragons aren't unbeatable, and can be killed by one person if with strategy.
Back to top Go down
Gnomeys
Gnomeys

PostSubject: Hmm   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 am

* cocks shotgun *
*Aims at Zoe *
* Pulls trigger *

BOOM HEAD SHOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tigger50602
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:00 am

*Walks around without a head.*

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the skull throne!
Goats for the petting zoo!

Oh, and the appropriate place for this is the complaint forum, when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft   Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realism/Logic in the World of Warcraft
Page 1 of 1