Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )

Go down 
+7
Tycha
SourPuddle
lord1
Zamoonda
Marcuschroes
novice451
Gnomeys
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gnomeys
Gnomeys

My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) Empty
PostSubject: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:15 am

Hello my fellow Rebellions.

As GM's we have been discussing a matter that has been pressing at us for quite some time now. Due to RP that we have been watching over, we want to discuss something with you. We as the GM's of this server (and a few choice players) would like to break away from Azshara Lore. We want to eliminate the phrase 'fifteen years later from Azshara.' We seek to set the server back in time, sixteen years. Everything that has occurred on this server will remain the same. All the events and all the people that you have met on here will have occurred. These are the back stories.

We wish to cut away from Azshara Lore. Why you may ask? We want to give each and every character a clean slate, and begin stories anew. These stories will not be from Azshara, but on Rebel. This server has been using Azshara's Lore as a crutch, constantly referring back to it when needed. This fault falls on the GM team alone. Players wanted to continue Azshara Lore, players wanted to set the server fifteen years in the future, the GM's never took action to facilitate this advance. It may have taken us sometime to realize our mistake but now that we have, we seek to correct it.

We, deeply apologize for doing this but, the bridge must be crossed. We are hitting the reset button. We wish to do this now so we may help bring on a new age of Rebel WoW. The GM's cannot stress enough that we are not doing this to destroy what you have all created. We are doing this to give everyone an equal chance in creating new stories. These stories will not be tied to something that has been gone for several months now, these stories will be created here and now, on Rebel WoW.

As many of you know, Rebel WoW was founded from the fires of chaos as Azshara was drawn to a close. Opening our doors to the fantastic community that had grown together, we accpeted everything Azshara had to offer. While that community has soldiered on here, valiantly so, we feel that we have been living in the shadow of Azshara's remains. We have taken the stories, events, villians, and heroes from Azshara, and transplanted them here in Rebel. While at first this may have seemed like the best path, and the path of least resistance, we only risk deadlocking the server in a path that will lead to its destruction. We want to avoid tearing the community apart any further. We have all been strained and tested time and time again, and it is time we make some changes that will ensure the long term survival of Rebel. This will be the first of several alterations that will make this community better for the test of time. We are not saying it will be easy but, if the bonds we have forged here are strong enough, we will soldier on, as we have. With the careful thought and consideration of the GM Team, we have deemed it necessary that Rebel WoW claim its birthright as a server.

We are looking for a clean start and a clean break from Azshara entirely. For some of you this may change nothing, for others it may change everything. We are not looking to shatter the stories you have created on this server nor are we looking to destroy that back stories that your characters have created. We simply wish to have everyone start off as Rebels, not Azsharians.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tigger50602
novice451

novice451

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:27 am

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t
Back to top Go down
Marcuschroes

Marcuschroes

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:34 am

Basically, anything you did, met, or created on Azshara did not happen. Your character is still alive if they died.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Marcuschroes wrote:
Basically, anything you did, met, or created on Azshara did not happen. Your character is still alive if they died.

Nope. Only Major events are scratched. Like the attack on Deathholme in Azshara or The Nightmare Invasion.
Back to top Go down
lord1

lord1

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:44 pm

EVERYTHING is scratched... You guys NEVER met each other, if you met on Rebel, that's good. Incantos never married Janeriss... and you know the rest. We broke off from that wretched Azshara!
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm not sure if he wanted to tell you guys this, but Tyler was the one who made this; it's not Glanthic's idea; Glanthic simply edited it and gave him the raw idea.

And Lord, think of it like this; if your character is joe and he met john on Azshara, and you guys had some awesome RPs, and you moved here and had some more awesome RPs, you don't have to erase their whole awesome adventure and reintroduce eachother; you just need to remodify the Azshara parts into Rebel parts, and you can say for the past while you've been having some awesome RPs with john.
Back to top Go down
Tycha

Tycha

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:21 pm

*Reads big ass stickied post* ._.' k
Back to top Go down
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Tycha wrote:
*Reads big ass stickied post* ._.' k

You should see how long I made Dela's character profile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:17 pm

-high fives Sourpuddle-
Don't we just love writing long character profiles? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:27 am

lord1 wrote:
EVERYTHING is scratched... You guys NEVER met each other, if you met on Rebel, that's good. Incantos never married Janeriss... and you know the rest. We broke off from that wretched Azshara!

Jbk137 or Incantos (Forgot your Forum name on Azshara)

Only major events are scratched from history. Like any private server, if you move to for example with your friend that you RPed on REble WoW to example, like Estarus or Dominion, you keep your history, just you edit out things like "You won in Deathholme, and wtfpwned all the Undead, you're currently the General" That would be removed, any 'MAJOR' thing, that relates to teh entir eserver, such as The Scourge Event, The Nightmare Invasion, or so on.
Back to top Go down
Tycha

Tycha

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:03 pm

I'd write some character profiles but I'm absolutely rubbish at drafting up creative writing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sardeleris

Sardeleris

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:58 pm

lord1 wrote:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sh333333333t :< well...how gnome said in gnomeregan..."TIME TO THINKER!" scratch study
Back to top Go down
Runei

Runei

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Great idea. I think that would be a really good idea. Don't base your server lore off of another. That was a bad idea. Glad that people finally turned the corner on that one.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:22 am

Zamoonda wrote:
lord1 wrote:

Everybody,

Only major events are scratched from history. Like any private server, if you move to for example with your friend that you RPed on REble WoW to example, like Estarus or Dominion, you keep your history, just you edit out things like "You won in Deathholme, and wtfpwned all the Undead, you're currently the General" That would be removed, any 'MAJOR' thing, that relates to teh entir eserver, such as The Scourge Event, The Nightmare Invasion, or so on.

Your history, if you met someone on Azshara, or anywhere, if you're a Death Knight, you got killed whatever, it stays that way!
ONLY MAJOR EVENTS! SUCH AS IF YOU WHERE THE REGENT LORD OF SMC, OR MURDERED MALYGOS, AND SO ON!
Back to top Go down
Scyon

Scyon

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:43 am

Zamoonda wrote:

Your history, if you met someone on Azshara, or anywhere, if you're a Death Knight, you got killed whatever, it stays that way!

What if you got killed in one of those major events? o.O
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/silver_jet_dragon
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )   My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My fellow Rebellions. ( Created by Glanthic and Ecro )
Page 1 of 1