HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Runei's "Goodbye"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Runei

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Gensokyo

PostSubject: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 am

...I'm done, RebelWoW. It was a good few weeks, but...

I made the mistake of defaming another player in the QQ forums due to the fact that he disrespected me and pissed off a few of my friends on the server. I am literally done fighting, and I can't feel welcome on a server with people who are genuinely willing to go out of their way to make other players miserable.

I would try to explain the whole situation in detail, but it's all chronicled in the QQ forums. All of my idiocy.

I don't know how long I want to leave. Possibly forever; it isn't fun when I have five idiots chewing on my butt, acting like self-proclaimed GMs and treating me like shit just because they can't even begin to understand what I try to say to them.

Who knows, I might not. I'd need a pretty damn good convincing reason to return here to RebelWoW. I really enjoyed all that I have met on the server, and enjoyed seeing all my old friends from Azshara. I guess I just...can't feel welcome when I seem to be breaking the absolute word of Lore.

Goodbye, Rebel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 am

Goodbye, tho i've just joined.. I saw the thread yesterday, and read quite a bunch of it :/
Also, Which Private Server will you join now then?

If youre quiting, may i have your account for trying connection to the server meanwhile im waiting for my account to be made?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runei

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Gensokyo

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 10:47 am

Trojoboj wrote:
Goodbye, tho i've just joined.. I saw the thread yesterday, and read quite a bunch of it :/
Also, Which Private Server will you join now then?

If youre quiting, may i have your account for trying connection to the server meanwhile im waiting for my account to be made?

No, I'm not going to give my account away. Sorry, bro.

I just don't feel like playing. If there's a really good reason, I'll come back.

And there's no RP server that's better than Rebel. If I had the patience, I would go make my own. But I don't have the resources of a powerful computer and time. So I can't.

And I don't think I would do a good job of regulating the server, anyways. I don't think that anyone else would think I have what it takes to be an Admin or a GM.


Last edited by Runei on Fri May 08, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 10:52 am

Runei wrote:
Trojoboj wrote:
Goodbye, tho i've just joined.. I saw the thread yesterday, and read quite a bunch of it :/
Also, Which Private Server will you join now then?

If youre quiting, may i have your account for trying connection to the server meanwhile im waiting for my account to be made?

No, I'm not going to give my account away. Sorry, bro.

I just don't feel like playing. If there's a really good reason, I'll come back.

And there's no RP server that's better than Rebel out right now. If I had the patience, I would go make my own. But I don't have the resources of a powerful computer and time. So I can't.

And I don't think I would do a good job of regulating the server, anyways. I don't think that anyone else would think I have what it takes to be an Admin or a GM.

Just because someone else says it, doesnt mean you have to be it
You could surely be an Admin or a GM, just correct your "faults" if you have one, and i dont see why youre gonna leave if theres no better RP server than Rebel out right now, because you wrote "realy good reason", ok i havent said its a realy good reason, but probably a good reason atleast

And i meant by just trying the account to log in for 1 sec and see if my version is right and my WoW, But its okay, i understand how you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runei

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Gensokyo

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 10:57 am

The version you need is 3.0.9. Everything else above that is too high to log onto the server.

And the "really good reason" is that I don't feel welcome. When I log in, I only stay on if I see someone on my friends list on anymore. I feel unwelcome because I made an idiotic mistake. That's it.

And yes, there is no better server than Rebel. I know that. But I don't feel like staying if I can't feel welcome enough to walk up to another person without being berated or misunderstood right off the bat without giving myself a chance to explain.

Welcome to the Server, Troj. Pity I didn't get to know you better; you seem like a pretty decent guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 am

Runei wrote:
The version you need is 3.0.9. Everything else above that is too high to log onto the server.

And the "really good reason" is that I don't feel welcome. When I log in, I only stay on if I see someone on my friends list on anymore. I feel unwelcome because I made an idiotic mistake. That's it.

And yes, there is no better server than Rebel. I know that. But I don't feel like staying if I can't feel welcome enough to walk up to another person without being berated or misunderstood right off the bat without giving myself a chance to explain.

Welcome to the Server, Troj. Pity I didn't get to know you better; you seem like a pretty decent guy.

Hmm, i think you give up to easy. Soon enough the server will be populated with more peoples and more, not just the Azshara Players (as i think it is (was on Azshara myself a half year ago Smile). And if it wouldnt get more populated, why wont you just change username or just sorry him for your "mistake". And you can start RPing with me and my friend who will start off on this server, you give up way to easy man, and you could get to know me better if you stand up before yourself!! Dont you just give up now, you take it to hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glanthic

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-04-24
Location : Good Ol' US of A

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 am

Runei wrote:
I feel unwelcome because I made an idiotic mistake. That's it.

It's okay man, we've all made stupid mistakes. I had more than my share on Azshara and I'm lucky enough to be a relative unknown here. Hope your ventures into the real world go well. Sometimes that's all you need to clear your head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:05 am

Glanthic wrote:
Runei wrote:
I feel unwelcome because I made an idiotic mistake. That's it.

It's okay man, we've all made stupid mistakes. I had more than my share on Azshara and I'm lucky enough to be a relative unknown here. Hope your ventures into the real world go well. Sometimes that's all you need to clear your head.

Totally true, just let the problem behind you

BTW, what was your name on Azshara? (Glanthic) (Do you remember "Lea" Male Human Paladin/Warrior with often wearing normal plate gear?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glanthic

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-04-24
Location : Good Ol' US of A

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:10 am

Trojoboj wrote:
BTW, what was your name on Azshara? (Do you remember "Lea" Male Human Paladin/Warrior with often wearing normal plate gear?)

If that was directed at me I was played mainly Glanthic on the server. I was NoDebate on the forums. I was a GM over the summer and arguably one of the best. I took about a four month leave between August and December and came back to whatever degraded status Azshara was at the time. Was reinstated as a GM only to have half the team at my throat the entire time. I won't disclose details here, but Xach banned me, I assume forever. I'd have to apologize for not recognizing your character, I spent more time dealing with back door politics than actually playing on the server.

Here's to catching you on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 am

Glanthic wrote:
Trojoboj wrote:
BTW, what was your name on Azshara? (Do you remember "Lea" Male Human Paladin/Warrior with often wearing normal plate gear?)

If that was directed at me I was played mainly Glanthic on the server. I was NoDebate on the forums. I was a GM over the summer and arguably one of the best. I took about a four month leave between August and December and came back to whatever degraded status Azshara was at the time. Was reinstated as a GM only to have half the team at my throat the entire time. I won't disclose details here, but Xach banned me, I assume forever. I'd have to apologize for not recognizing your character, I spent more time dealing with back door politics than actually playing on the server.

Here's to catching you on here.

Sadly we didnt made any contact on the server, but i think i heard of the name of Xach atleast... i played during the summer period.
To bad i cant get to playing today or surely not in this weekend on the server pale

By the way, could i try your account too see if i got correct version & Client?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runei

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Gensokyo

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:29 am

You don't need to. Open up either your launcher and look at the top of that or just enter WoW without logging on. It should be in the corner somewhere.

Also, Glanthic, I didn't get to know you either. I was on Azshara during the winter. I left when I just couldn't take it anymore. A silly week-long ban because the GM wouldn't hear me out, and I really didn't feel like coming back.

I was either Rune, Darrin, or Reyin. That's all I really played on AzWoW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am

Runei wrote:
You don't need to. Open up either your launcher and look at the top of that or just enter WoW without logging on. It should be in the corner somewhere.

Also, Glanthic, I didn't get to know you either. I was on Azshara during the winter. I left when I just couldn't take it anymore. A silly week-long ban because the GM wouldn't hear me out, and I really didn't feel like coming back.

I was either Rune, Darrin, or Reyin. That's all I really played on AzWoW.

Well if i will use the Launcher, will it update from 3.0.8 to 3.1 directly or will it pass by 3.0.9 before??

And i think i saw Rune some time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runei

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 27
Location : Gensokyo

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:33 am

Trojoboj wrote:
Well if i will use the Launcher, will it update from 3.0.8 to 3.1 directly or will it pass by 3.0.9 before??

And i think i saw Rune some time...

If you're worried about it updating, run the game from the folder you installed WoW in. It should be directly in your World of Warcraft game folder, an executable called "wow.exe" or something of that nature, with the W symbol on it.

Then look in the corner.

And I don't know about the launcher updater. It might, it might not. I have no clue whatsoever.


Last edited by Runei on Fri May 08, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not specific enough.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trojoboj

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 22
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden (IM SWENOR!)

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 am

Runei wrote:
Trojoboj wrote:
Well if i will use the Launcher, will it update from 3.0.8 to 3.1 directly or will it pass by 3.0.9 before??

And i think i saw Rune some time...

If you're worried about it updating, run the game from the folder you installed WoW in. It should be directly in your World of Warcraft game folder, an executable called "wow.exe" or something of that nature, with the W symbol on it.

Then look in the corner.

And I don't know about the launcher updater. It might, it might not. I have no clue whatsoever.

I know i can run from it.. but the problem is how i should get the 3.0.8 -> 3.0.9 patch :S

P.S Dont leave us here now, dont give up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tycha

avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-04-27
Age : 28
Location : Cambridge

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Sorry to hear you're leaving, I have read the thread and although I don't really know you I'm sad I missed that opportunity. Hope you come back sometime, all the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zaleth

avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 23
Location : Usa, California it's not that great...

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm sorry to see you go Runei, Yet it was a pleasure Role-Playing with you and I can see your reason of leaving for, because of me being around why you were being flamed at. . I hope you can come back and give it another chance, but for now I wish you good luck on you adventures.
You can contact me at, "Dragon-6345@hotmail.com"

-Oloros, Oros, Koraval, Valis, Zen'Ji


Last edited by Zaleth on Sat May 09, 2009 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ataman
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 536
Join date : 2009-03-09
Location : Under your bed... waiting to stab you.

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Fri May 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Runei, you just let youself lose to such a person as a Sour.
SAD
DO NOT even allow your enemies to see you flee.

_________________


. . . since you shouldn't tarry,
And in this town there's no apothecary,
I will myself go find some herbs for you
That will be good for health and pecker too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revan

avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-03-18
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 7:32 am

Runei wrote:
...I'm done, RebelWoW. It was a good few weeks, but...

I made the mistake of defaming another player in the QQ forums due to the fact that he disrespected me and pissed off a few of my friends on the server. I am literally done fighting, and I can't feel welcome on a server with people who are genuinely willing to go out of their way to make other players miserable.

I would try to explain the whole situation in detail, but it's all chronicled in the QQ forums. All of my idiocy.

I don't know how long I want to leave. Possibly forever; it isn't fun when I have five idiots chewing on my butt, acting like self-proclaimed GMs and treating me like shit just because they can't even begin to understand what I try to say to them.

Who knows, I might not. I'd need a pretty damn good convincing reason to return here to RebelWoW. I really enjoyed all that I have met on the server, and enjoyed seeing all my old friends from Azshara. I guess I just...can't feel welcome when I seem to be breaking the absolute word of Lore.

Goodbye, Rebel.

Do not leave!

That is only Sour's wish, go face to face against him and let him gtfo of this server, you're better then him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 am

Quote :
That is only Sour's wish, go face to face against him and let him gtfo of this server, you're better then him.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE SLANDER. I WILL NOT TOLERATE LYING. PLEASE FIND EVIDENCE OF THIS IF YOU WISH TO DEFAME ME. OTHERWISE, DO NOT ASSUME MY THOUGHTS AND DESIRES.

Runei, you're always welcome on the server. Expect some lip when the guy who knows the lore says, 'you can't do this' and then you say 'sure can!'. You're heading for a discussion, and you're going to lose if you can't prove the guys arguement wrong. Your arguement must be valid above the others, and you just can't handle that. You're the one who brought this 'misery' to yourself. I only corrected your lore and protected myself from you straightforward defaming me and you attacking my threads. It's your fault. Don't you dare try to blame your leave on me-- this is all you. You don't have to leave, and I don't want you to leave; just try not to infringe the lore so badly, and listen to the guy when he corrects you-- if you feel it contradicts what you know, you should state it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
novice451

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am

SourPuddle wrote:
Quote :
That is only Sour's wish, go face to face against him and let him gtfo of this server, you're better then him.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE SLANDER. I WILL NOT TOLERATE LYING. PLEASE FIND EVIDENCE OF THIS IF YOU WISH TO DEFAME ME. OTHERWISE, DO NOT ASSUME MY THOUGHTS AND DESIRES.

Runei, you're always welcome on the server. Expect some lip when the guy who knows the lore says, 'you can't do this' and then you say 'sure can!'. You're heading for a discussion, and you're going to lose if you can't prove the guys arguement wrong. Your arguement must be valid above the others, and you just can't handle that. You're the one who brought this 'misery' to yourself. I only corrected your lore and protected myself from you straightforward defaming me and you attacking my threads. It's your fault. Don't you dare try to blame your leave on me-- this is all you. You don't have to leave, and I don't want you to leave; just try not to infringe the lore so badly, and listen to the guy when he corrects you-- if you feel it contradicts what you know, you should state it.

Well said cuz. *throws internet gangster sign* lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scyon

avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2009-03-19
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 10:49 am

Sour, Drop the god damned subject
You can't bitch at him, and tell him he is wrong, because hes not. With no solid lore to say 'this can't happen' there is also no solid reason, for you to shove the corncob up your ass, and go apeshit fucknut crazy. Drop the god damned subject, go back to your 'bible' thumping, and please, PLEASE never post in another thread, just to show, you know more about the shit-tastic, Swiss cheese, homunculus known as Blizzard Lore

This is not meant for you and your net-gang to get all 'ohyeah biatch lets fuck this one too!' just drop the fucking shit, get a life, and move. the. fuck. on.

SourPuddle wrote:
I WILL NOT TOLERATE SLANDER. I WILL NOT TOLERATE LYING. PLEASE FIND EVIDENCE OF THIS IF YOU WISH TO DEFAME ME. OTHERWISE, DO NOT ASSUME MY THOUGHTS AND DESIRES.

When you push your zealotous views of a game, designed to allow players to have fun, on other people, to prevent certain things, when you do -NOT- have said authority, you will be slandered
You are not a GM
I pray to the divine, and the Unholy, that you will never be a GM
As stated a thousand times before, Lore of this server is controlled wholly by Cody/Vendy/Aethir/Ucun/wtfeverhisnameis AND ONLY HIM.

Just -STOP-
Drop it
Leave it
don't go back to it
Let it die, then rot, then die when it comes back
As its been stated, by several people, and you have 10 pages worth of proof:
YOUR ZEALOTOUS VIEWS ON LORE ARE NOT WELCOMED BY THE MAJORITY


Cease And Desist
Do Not Press On
Walk Away

PLEASE
Signed,
With Love and Consideration
Hellfire and Brimstone
Kittens and Chainsaw Bazookas

Scyon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/silver_jet_dragon
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 11:04 am

No flaming, Scyon. You're not more influencial when you use caps lock, increase the size of your font, bold and underline your letters; you're just taking a lot of space up. I'm not trying to bitch here. I'm trying to explain that I will not shed sympathy for a person who can't admit that he's lost. He tries to defame me once more by telling the community that he can't handle me because I actually follow the lore and I wont allow him to infringe the lore so deeply. He's the one who defames me and attacks me, he's the one who complains that I don't take his side when I prove him wrong. Sure, he's a victim; a victim to his own spite and unwillingness.

He proclaims that I pretend to have GM powers when I have stated that I do not.

He tries to flame me in front of the whole community.

He attacks my replies.

You're giving him sympathy for this and I'm usually always trying to shed respect for my fellow peers in the community, wheras Runei usually rarely shows me respect. Think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scyon

avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2009-03-19
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 11:18 am

Who in the name of hell said i was trying to be 'more influential' i did it so that is what you see, rather than being able to read between the lines and interpret my post to fit your need.

Im not flaming

I'm stating, that you cling to your religion, like the Paladins of the Church of Rome did during the crusades when they killed any heathen who did not believe that THEIR god was the right one.

Runei is my friend, probly one of the better ones on the server, not including Ata, Deays and Shadowfan.
I'd have his back against any Zealot on this server, Right or Wrong.

Interpret this post however you want, i really dont give a shit.

Say im flaming you, or trolling you, defaming you, again, i dont give a shit.

You are a Zealo-Tard, a big one at that. I mean shit, I know some pretty fanatical people, but dude, you take the cake.

And for the last time, Runei was -NOT- defaming your 'Bible' he found a hole, and built a character in it. Its not against the law, theres no lore stating its not possible

There is THOUSANDS of constructs, created through magic.
I.E Elementals, REvenants, Golems, Guardians. Whos to say some mad scientist COULDN'T create one that had its own mind, and soul, by using a being before hand, and then giving him augments and physical changes that would forever reshape his life, altering him down to the most molecular of levels to be, essentially, a construct.
Its possible in DnD, which is roughly the same time frame-ish .... thing. So, why not? I've got nothing against it as long as the -EXPLANATION- of such a thing is possible.
Unlike you, im rather open-minded, coming from -years- of roleplaying with everything from gnomes, to scalies, to werewolves, to fucking angel-devil hybrids >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/silver_jet_dragon
Vorrak



Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 11:28 am

Jesus Christ!

Can you stop arguing, I mean sour, you cant say "you cant do this" with no solid lore.

But look at the end of the day sour, you should be quiet, if you stopped posting now maybe he would stay and we wouldn't lose a good member and a good role player, if its too much to stop yelling at him for saying he can do something. Maybe you should be the one going and not him.

And god, I bet your mouths glad when your asleep sour it finally gets some peace!

Hey there we go lets all say it together PEACE! so stop moaning and let him feel like he's involved in this community sour!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
novice451

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   Sat May 09, 2009 11:45 am

Vorrak wrote:
Jesus Christ!

Can you stop arguing, I mean sour, you cant say "you cant do this" with no solid lore.

But look at the end of the day sour, you should be quiet, if you stopped posting now maybe he would stay and we wouldn't lose a good member and a good role player, if its too much to stop yelling at him for saying he can do something. Maybe you should be the one going and not him.

And god, I bet your mouths glad when your asleep sour it finally gets some peace!

Hey there we go lets all say it together PEACE! so stop moaning and let him feel like he's involved in this community sour!

It was not of Sour's fault at all. Quit QQing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Runei's "Goodbye"   

Back to top Go down
 
Runei's "Goodbye"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hasbro "Mega" Toy sale, Homebush
» Weapon "patterns"
» Strategy & Unusual tactics, "TRAVELLER", TCS
» More Ogre-like "engines"
» The "Name"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel WoW :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: