Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRaven

TheRaven

Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich Empty
PostSubject: Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich   Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Character Name: Amaterasu Kei

Character History:
-Amaterasu was a human mage, formerly a member of the Kirin Tor and well on her way of becoming an archmage. However, she had dabbled in far too many dark magicks for her superior's liking. Not long after evidence first became officially clear, she was put on trial for the use of necromantic magic. After the trial, which lasted about an hour, she was swiftly executed.

However, she had a contingency plan.

After her execution, her corpse was stolen from the Kirin Tor, by a few of her trusted underlings, before they could burn her corpse. Bringing her body to a designated location, they began to prepare a ritual that would, by Amaterasu's reckoning, would bring her back to life and allow her to continue her studies.

The underlings performed the ritual, and to their shock, Amaterasu was revived, but not as the woman they recognized, but a powerful undead lich. Fearing the powerful creature before them, they fled... they didn't get more than five feet before Amaterasu froze them. Solid. Cackling loudly, she vanished off into the world.

After getting used to her new form and the power that it brought, Amaterasu began looking for powerful allies to aid her, so she could continue her dark experiments more or less undisturbed. Her search took her to the Undead city hidden beneath the ruins of Lordaeron's Capital. There she met with the Banshee Queen herself. The meeting was less than an hour long. Exiting the Undercity, Amaterasu looked toward the mountains to the north, where she planned to make her new 'stronghold,' guiding the small group of elite undead guards, granted to her by her new ally, to where she wished to start.

Character Personality:
-Amaterasu is merciless and methodical. She has no patience for fools and laggards, but she understands the importance of underlings and even partners, not immediately assuming she's above everyone else and not slaughtering every minion that fails her.

Knowledge of Liches:
-My knowledge of liches is rather... iffy. Most of it stems from D&D mechanics. But I understand enough of them from the WoW universe to be able to properly role-play one.

However, here is what I really do know.

Liches themselves were once powerful magi, often Necromancers, but it's not always the case. Before they can become a Lich, the magi must first prepare an extensive ritual, or have some other powerful magi do it for them. Kel'Thuzad is an example of the second one, although he sort of cheated, using the Sunwell.

During the ritual, the magi either kills themself or they are already dead while the ritual is taking place. Once it is complete, the magi is reborn as an undead lich.

Liches have what is known as a phylactery, which contains the Lich's soul. So long as the phylactery is intact, the Lich will regenerate should their body be destroyed. However, destroying a Lich's phylactery permanantly destroys the Lich, which is why the Lich usually places powerful enchantments upon their Phylactery and hides it where they believe it will never be discovered. No lich has ever been fool enough to keep it on their person.

What special abilities/powers does a Lich have, if any?
-As a lich, who are very powerful undead magi, they are highly skilled in frost and death magic.

Death's Chill: With a few words and a gesture, Amaterasu can literally send a blast of chilling magic down her target's spine, hindering movement and causing sever damage to the person's body.

Death and Decay: Probably one of the strongest magicks that Amaterasu can cast. Amaterasu can, within around a five yard radius, slowly diminish the life-force of anyone within it, literally causing them to decay and die on the spot.

Chilling Blast: By channeling her power, Amaterasu can form a bolt of super-hardened and serrated ice, which she can launch at whomever she pleases. Once the bolt hits an object, it explodes, freezing the area around it and sending shards of ice out in a five yard radius. However, the farther the distance from the epicenter, the less damage is caused.

Death Bolt: Likewise with Chilling Blast, she can do the opposite with Death Magic. However, there are several changes. When the bolt hits an object, if it is living, it will literally suck the life out of it and revitalize Amaterasu. However, if the bolt hits an inanimate object, tendrils of darkness sprout from it to grab at any living (and sentient) creature nearby, causing the same effect if the bolt had hit.

Frost Barrier: A talent from her days as a Kirin Tor magi, Amaterasu can create a barrier of ice around herself to prevent a projectile, physical or otherwise, from harming her. It can only take so much damage before it fades, however.

Aura of Frost: The area around Amaterasu is literally chilling, below the freezing temperature. This is a passive aura, she does not need to cast this. The range of the aura is around three yards.

Why should you be allowed to play a Lich?
-Well, to be honest, I don't think I saw another lich on the list. But, if there is one, I suppose I can't use that as a reason why. Granted, it's a poor one to begin with. This is an experiment, really. I want to try out something new and have a character that actually is a power-house. Even my Demonic character, Verra; a fairly powerful Shivarra- isn't that strong, compared to other demons. All her power stems from what she can exert over her slaves and her ability to manipulate others. But, that's not what I want to discuss.

Anyways, bottom line is that I think it will be really fun to play as a Lich.

Will you God-mod/Metagame with the abilities/powers inherent to Lich?
-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-no. I will not Meta-Game or God-Mod.

Do you understand that any GM/Admin, at any time, has the right to revoke your privilages for RPing as a Lich, or any other Race?
-Well, obviously.

Last edited by TheRaven on Fri May 08, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich   Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:47 pm

This one seems to be... pretty good. But you should discribe how she became Forsaken and why she choosed Forsaken side.
Plus.
We know that you know liches lore... but we want to be 100% sure. So, please... "Knowledge of Liches" Make it be a little bit bigger.
Back to top Go down
TheRaven

TheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich   Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Got it, I'll edit that real quick!

EDIT: Done!
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich   Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:17 pm

TheRaven wrote:
Got it, I'll edit that real quick!

EDIT: Done!
Good work.
ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich   Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amaterasu Kei; Forsaken Lich
Page 1 of 1