Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Own A Dragon?

Go down 
+10
Madge
SourPuddle
Zamoonda
Marcuschroes
UnholyDisciple
Renierius
levi59
shadowfan
Ataman
Razmataz
14 posters

Do you have a dragon?
Yes, I have a dragon
Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_lcap27%Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 13 ]
I have two dragons.
Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_lcap16%Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
No, but I want to.
Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_lcap16%Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 8 ]
No, I don't.
Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_lcap41%Do You Own A Dragon? I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
Razmataz
Razmataz

Do You Own A Dragon? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Just answer the poll question, please,
unless you want to add a comment as to why you chose your reasoning.

If any flame wars start, I'll request Cody to remove them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Yes I do... but I dont RP as him much.
Back to top Go down
shadowfan

shadowfan

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Do not have, Do not want. Simple.
Back to top Go down
levi59

levi59

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Don't have one, don't really want one. Had one at Azshara and it was meh, you always got randoms who ran into your lair screaming "LEEEEROOOY JEENNKIINSS" And attacking you.. then for them not to Q_Q you had to run away injured.
Back to top Go down
Renierius

Renierius

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:53 pm

I don't have one either, they are too OP to play in my opinion and they should be really rare instead of common.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZpR51XgW0
UnholyDisciple

UnholyDisciple

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Don't have a dragon as of yet... Wish I did, though. I have his name reserved. Razz

Dramondius the Black Dragon! Fear the superior one! afro
Back to top Go down
Marcuschroes

Marcuschroes

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:24 pm

I've really never been into Dragons. I mean, it'd be pretty cool to play one once in awhile, but I believe you need to be decently active to play one.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:46 am

Marcuschroes wrote:
I've really never been into Dragons. I mean, it'd be pretty cool to play one once in awhile, but I believe you need to be decently active to play one.

That's why I'm active so much on Korun. Fear the Not-mad-yet-mad-anymore Dragon!
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:28 am

Most of the applications for Dragons, from what I've seen, could easily be mortal races. It's silly; being a dragon would be so sparse, we cannot afford everyone to have one dragon, let alone two. There should be a limit, of what? Ten? I just doubled the number it really should be, but I don't think it would hurt since most players put their time into it. I think we should lock the dragon applications until it gets below ten, or five.

I chose that I wont take a dragon, because it seems that the quality of playing one has waned. Most of the Silvermoon Council that hangs around Tzai are all dragons. I'm not even going to say how odd that is. Most players don't exactly know how to play them, and some player just use it as an excuse so they don't need to learn 'wot sunwell' is. Of course, I'm not directing this at anybody. Plus, playing a normal/weaker characteris a lot more fun then a stronger person, in my opinion.

Last edited by SourPuddle on Tue May 05, 2009 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Damn keyboard.)
Back to top Go down
Renierius

Renierius

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:25 am

SourPuddle wrote:
Most of the applications for Dragons, from what I've seen, could easily be mortal races. It's silly; being a dragon would be so sparse, we cannot afford everyone to have one dragon, let alone two. There should be a limit, of what? Ten? I just doubled the number it really should be, but I don't think it would hurt since most players put their time into it. I think we should lock the dragon applications until it gets below ten, or five.

I chose that I wont take a dragon, because it seems that the quality of playing one has waned. Most of the Silvermoon Council that hangs around Tzai are all dragons. I'm not even going to say how odd that is. Most players don't exactly know how to play them, and some player just use it as an excuse so they don't need to learn 'wot sunwell' is. Of course, I'm not directing this at anybody. Plus, playing a normal/weaker character is a lot more fun then a stronger person, in my opinion.

I would allow even less or no dragon but apart from that you are completely true in my opinion..

In my opinion it is really sad how the majority owns a Dragon or even two Dragons, and then a lot still want a Dragon.. I really don't want this to become Dragoncraft or something like that, they really are damn rare creatures and the ones that do exist usually don't concern themselves with petty things mortals in their everyday lives.. They are certainly above that, they are too damn intellectual for stuff like those. Things like that are not worth their time at all, it's a fact that they are not mortals, they stand far out from mortals too. Which if RPed properly is not fun at all, maybe like Marcus says it could be good at some very special events but else you wouldn't really have much to RP..

This whole thing really makes no sense to me.

Just please listen to uncle Sour, kids.. please..

Oh, and.. I really think that Dragons should only be used in GM controlled events, by the GM's and as NPC's. Not the GM characters themselves unless it's a temporary character for that certain event.
Back to top Go down
Madge
Madge

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:50 am

Hm...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rebel-wow.net
Razmataz
Razmataz

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:20 pm

The current statistics is quite, well, good to work with. Thanks for voting, but don't feel you have to stop, new-comers!
Back to top Go down
Sardemox

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:11 am

I second the motions of Ren and Stimp-.. Sour. Dragons are a rare thing, and are extremely/super-duper sparta rare to see them in a city, let alone ten of them.

What's with wanting to have all the Over-powered characters? Dragons are suppost to be a rare and secluded race, only coming to the aid of mortals when they are the last option, most are in northrend. NOT SILVERMOON!

So I personally think we should get rid of all of them, and they can be awarded to mature roleplayers who know a good sum of Dragon lore, and can play them with maturity and to a point where they are believeable dragons. Not Royal Guards.

Oh, and I don't have a dragon, nor will I ever have one. I'm choosing not to use anything Restricted. Because there are too many of everything already.
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:26 am

Sardemox wrote:
Dragons are a rare thing.
Wyrmrest >.>
Back to top Go down
Sardemox

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:05 am

Indeed, once again I pointed at Northrend to be where most of the Dragons should be, and shown to mortals in dire times. Like these, because the blues are waging war on mortals. Maybe if Dragons were in Northrend where they should be, doing there jobs. Instead of sitting in Silvermoon helping a half-elf-half-elf felblood regent. Then there wouldn't be complaints.
Back to top Go down
Revan

Revan

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:37 am

Dragons are a VERY common race since WoTLK, it actually makes sense there are so many dragons in a way.
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Quote :
Dragons are a VERY common race IN NORTHREND since WoTLK, it actually makes sense there are so many dragons in a way.

Fixed!

Quote :
Wyrmrest >.>

Funny, the Wyrmrest accord is just them gathering up in Northrend at the Wrymrest Temple.

To be honest, I do believe there should be even less dragons then ten or five, it just wouldn't be very fair to those who have them now.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:26 am

SourPuddle wrote:
Quote :
Dragons are a VERY common race IN NORTHREND since WoTLK, it actually makes sense there are so many dragons in a way.

Fixed!

Quote :
Wyrmrest >.>

Funny, the Wyrmrest accord is just them gathering up in Northrend at the Wrymrest Temple.

To be honest, I do believe there should be even less dragons then ten or five, it just wouldn't be very fair to those who have them now.

Now, that wouldn't be fair now since we have quite a lot of players..Well over 30. And we're growing daily. What, do you expect only 10 players out of, maybe in two months, a hundred players be a Dragon? Look at the fairness in both sides, then chose :-)
Back to top Go down
BlatantDisobedience

BlatantDisobedience

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:13 am

I think its just the amount of people who play their dragon characters in the ratio with people on that makes it seem like theres a lot of them, when in reality, there really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Renierius

Renierius

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:41 am

BlatantDisobedience wrote:
I think its just the amount of people who play their dragon characters in the ratio with people on that makes it seem like theres a lot of them, when in reality, there really isn't.

And that's exactly what I think they shouldn't do, be in Silvermoon and Booty Bay for random bar RP and such.

Because it just makes no sense at all.. to be honest I just don't think that the people here would be able to handle RPing Dragons, no offence though.

But since half of you are "RPing" Dragons that way you'll probably try to counter this in some way, but please open your mind to this view first, even if it's only for a moment.

Do You Own A Dragon? Sense_none

That'll be equivalent to the biggest amount of sense that you guys are making right now with what you call "RPing" Dragons, please think..

Just think about it, kids.. please.. you're making no sense at all..
Back to top Go down
BlatantDisobedience

BlatantDisobedience

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:10 am

You act like Dragon's can't have their own personalties.

A dragon can't be curious about what goes on in mortal towns and cities?

What sense was it for Onyxia, who's lair was in Dustwallow Marsh, to pose as Lady Praestor of Stormwind.

For her own personal gain.

Whats to say a Dragon couldn't have personal gain by going to Booty Bay, or Silvermoon?

There are explanations for this, but you can't seem to grasp the fact that a Dragon might have a personalty and feels like doing something other than walking around Northrend.

Dragons are like Cats. They're independant, strong willed, and you can't stop them from doing what they want if they really want it.

You should understand that a Dragon MIGHT just want to hang out and make some friends.
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Quote :
Now, that wouldn't be fair now since we have quite a lot of players..Well over 30. And we're growing daily. What, do you expect only 10 players out of, maybe in two months, a hundred players be a Dragon? Look at the fairness in both sides, then chose :-)

That'd be 1/10, which is still way too much.
Back to top Go down
Gnomeys
Gnomeys

PostSubject: Hmm   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:57 am

Hmmm. Odd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tigger50602

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:48 pm

levi59 wrote:
Don't have one, don't really want one. Had one at Azshara and it was meh, you always got randoms who ran into your lair screaming "LEEEEROOOY JEENNKIINSS" And attacking you.. then for them not to Q_Q you had to run away injured.

that made me lol xD
and i picked dont want one dont have one i dont see the pint=P
Back to top Go down
Razmataz
Razmataz

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:34 pm

The poll results have been tallied, thank you for the statistics, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Own A Dragon?   Do You Own A Dragon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Own A Dragon?
Page 1 of 1