HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Sin'Dorei Offensive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Zizzech

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-03-19
Age : 22
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 4:33 am

I think what we are all missing is if what Novice says is ture and when he talked with Vend...Well you see Novice claims Vend says that Rebel is 15 years in the future, making it year 41. Server first event on Azshara, was the Deatholme event. Reagrealmer was the head of it and basicly the Alliance and Horde destroyed Deathholme, are you saying that everyone and everything come backs magically all the sudden?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 5:02 am

Yeah, there's no way the Alliance magically said that they love Blood Elves and sent troops over to them to help them out. Even if the troops were individual characters, it just proves how well some players know their lore.

Blatant, I'd like to see you fight the fact that it should be retconned. Through solid points on how I'm wrong with my lore, and how my points are invalid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowfan

avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : In a place far, far away...

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 am

BlatantDisobedience wrote:
Hey buddy.

Aethir said it won't be retconned. He's the server owner. You can't make him, or anyone else retcon it.

Why don't you just give up? You're fighting a losing battle.

Kilonam wrote:
It won't be Retconned.. bounce

BlatantDisobedience wrote:
Events not gonna be retconned, sorry buddy.

Drop it.

...show us that it is not going to be retconned.

So in my opinion you can sit at your computer and type away all day and quote as many Lore sites as possible, but in the end it is not going to be retconned. I had my doubts too, but the server has its limitations, so we could not have a bigger event.

Still, the event was big by my standards, and a success. Everyone had fun, and I even had the chance to play undead side so that we do not just waltz in between two Dragons and are not injured.

So just stop it, rather than waste your time crusading against a decision already made. I know it can be dissapointing for you, but no one is holding a gun to your head, telling you not to move on and to sit there and rant.

Can we all, just drop it and move on? We can always take the good out of this and discuss events in the suggestions forum before they happen, to avoid such situations in the future, aye?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 pm

I wont drop it until you either

1. Figure out how it was possible with the Lore

2. Retcon it

Either of those works, and the first one is highly improbable with the given information. You have the evidence, a nice few paragraphs showing how it's possible in the lore, and we have a deal. If you don't, we're going to need to retcon it because it's impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlatantDisobedience

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2009-03-15
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 pm

For those of you arguing against SourFaggot, I recommend you stop.

He's not gonna give up because he hasn't gotten between his daddy's legs, so lets just drop it, because he won't be able to do a damn thing, since it won't be retconned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Mon May 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Oh, yes, SourFaggot, you got me there. You're so witty. Please use your logic, I know you have have it.

New information is found, even though it should be common sense. Give them a moment to read it and tell whether they'll retcon it or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
novice451

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm

BlatantDisobedience wrote:
For those of you arguing against SourFaggot, I recommend you stop.

He's not gonna give up because he hasn't gotten between his daddy's legs, so lets just drop it, because he won't be able to do a damn thing, since it won't be retconned.

You are saying that he is homosexual for caring about WoW Lore...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wrin

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Thu May 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Guys, this is server lore. Any lore based argument is effectively null and void when you introduce server lore. I'm not supporting either side on this, but I will say that the moment you have server lore, unless it is said by Aethir that it's not official or official then everything is up for debate and can be subject to changes.

In all honesty, there are ups and downs. We all don't agree on the same things unanimously, likewise when a 'bad' server event happens but everyone else likes it then you'll just have to zip your lip and accept it. If a 'good' server event happens and someone doesn't like it then tries to start a post about it, you shouldn't hate on them but rather as someone put earlier "Constructively criticize" them. We're all roleplaying players and shouldn't be busy lunging at everyone's neck that doesn't agree with you. We're all here to roleplay for whatever reason that has brought you here, what we have in common is what we should focus on rather then what we hate about one another.

I'm usually not one to speak about caring or all of that emotional stuff, but disdain for your fellow community members is often the downfall of a server. Plus it looks bad when a new player wants to join and sees all of these posts spammed with flaming guys. You're all better then this and you know it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRaven

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-04-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Wrin wrote:
Guys, this is server lore. Any lore based argument is effectively null and void when you introduce server lore. I'm not supporting either side on this, but I will say that the moment you have server lore, unless it is said by Aethir that it's not official or official then everything is up for debate and can be subject to changes.

In all honesty, there are ups and downs. We all don't agree on the same things unanimously, likewise when a 'bad' server event happens but everyone else likes it then you'll just have to zip your lip and accept it. If a 'good' server event happens and someone doesn't like it then tries to start a post about it, you shouldn't hate on them but rather as someone put earlier "Constructively criticize" them. We're all roleplaying players and shouldn't be busy lunging at everyone's neck that doesn't agree with you. We're all here to roleplay for whatever reason that has brought you here, what we have in common is what we should focus on rather then what we hate about one another.

I'm usually not one to speak about caring or all of that emotional stuff, but disdain for your fellow community members is often the downfall of a server. Plus it looks bad when a new player wants to join and sees all of these posts spammed with flaming guys. You're all better then this and you know it.

I'd like to ask why this wasn't pointed out for my event. : /

I got a lot of negative feedback from lore-fanatics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wrin

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 pm

TheRaven wrote:
Wrin wrote:
Guys, this is server lore. Any lore based argument is effectively null and void when you introduce server lore. I'm not supporting either side on this, but I will say that the moment you have server lore, unless it is said by Aethir that it's not official or official then everything is up for debate and can be subject to changes.

In all honesty, there are ups and downs. We all don't agree on the same things unanimously, likewise when a 'bad' server event happens but everyone else likes it then you'll just have to zip your lip and accept it. If a 'good' server event happens and someone doesn't like it then tries to start a post about it, you shouldn't hate on them but rather as someone put earlier "Constructively criticize" them. We're all roleplaying players and shouldn't be busy lunging at everyone's neck that doesn't agree with you. We're all here to roleplay for whatever reason that has brought you here, what we have in common is what we should focus on rather then what we hate about one another.

I'm usually not one to speak about caring or all of that emotional stuff, but disdain for your fellow community members is often the downfall of a server. Plus it looks bad when a new player wants to join and sees all of these posts spammed with flaming guys. You're all better then this and you know it.

I'd like to ask why this wasn't pointed out for my event. : /

I got a lot of negative feedback from lore-fanatics.

Nothing against you, but this is the first post i've made about the stuff. Feel free to use it if you wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zizzech

avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-03-19
Age : 22
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Fri May 08, 2009 12:26 pm

Wrin wrote:
TheRaven wrote:
Wrin wrote:
Guys, this is server lore. Any lore based argument is effectively null and void when you introduce server lore. I'm not supporting either side on this, but I will say that the moment you have server lore, unless it is said by Aethir that it's not official or official then everything is up for debate and can be subject to changes.

In all honesty, there are ups and downs. We all don't agree on the same things unanimously, likewise when a 'bad' server event happens but everyone else likes it then you'll just have to zip your lip and accept it. If a 'good' server event happens and someone doesn't like it then tries to start a post about it, you shouldn't hate on them but rather as someone put earlier "Constructively criticize" them. We're all roleplaying players and shouldn't be busy lunging at everyone's neck that doesn't agree with you. We're all here to roleplay for whatever reason that has brought you here, what we have in common is what we should focus on rather then what we hate about one another.

I'm usually not one to speak about caring or all of that emotional stuff, but disdain for your fellow community members is often the downfall of a server. Plus it looks bad when a new player wants to join and sees all of these posts spammed with flaming guys. You're all better then this and you know it.

I'd like to ask why this wasn't pointed out for my event. : /

I got a lot of negative feedback from lore-fanatics.

Nothing against you, but this is the first post i've made about the stuff. Feel free to use it if you wish.

Just saying about your first post.....If we hadn't Blizzard lore...Lets see.....No Humans...No Kael....No Eversong...No Ghostlands....No Vashj....No Silvermoon....No Blood Elves.....Basically nothing.

Reven, I hate to say it but you asked a question as to why, you asked for feedback, but you complain about what you wanted? Please clue me in on what your plan is with what you are saying....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   Sat May 09, 2009 9:55 am

'Negetive feedback'? You mean that you're trying to do something and the people who actually know their lore are telling you that you can't? That's not being negetive, it's just us being right and you not liking it.

Our characters and our world didn't just magically appear, we have lore to explain what happens to our characters if they lived in that timeline which will affect how they play now.

This isn't QQ. The event must be cancelled if no one has a reason to not retcon it-- You must prove all of the points wrong and any points brought up against it. Guys, just read them; you're capable of it, and it'll be okay if you say, 'you know, you're right. . .' Infact, you'd be more mature then some other people if you did that. But I'm open to the possibility if you can provide me why. I will point out faults if the reasoning is invalid, and some other 'lore fanatics' will as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Sin'Dorei Offensive   

Back to top Go down
 
The Sin'Dorei Offensive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Counter -Strike Global Offensive
» Dina;ia's application
» The Vambrace Blade
» Season 1 Offensive Player of the Year
» [H] Ashal Anore (Sin'dorei)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel WoW :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: