HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Announcement Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vendryas
Admin
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2009-03-09
Age : 24
Location : The world of Azeroth.

PostSubject: Announcement Discussion   Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 pm


I've gotten word that some agree and some disagree with the announcement. Out of my respect for the community, I've established this discussion forum so that people can give their suggestions, their approvals and their rants. You can stay anything in here as long as it's appropriate, and don't feel afraid to express your utmost opinions. I want your feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rebelwow.forumotion.net
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:21 pm

. . .I love you.

You did what was right to the server! Though, I do suggest you find how you can downsize the communities prestige classes. In my opinion, I think they should only go to trusted individuals.

Prestige classes are also a bastion of godmodding, along with the dragons. Also, players should not have authority, so they can't deem control for no real reason. These positions should go to trusted individuals as well.

Just my two cents, other then that I think this plan is perfect!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razmataz
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-03-16
Age : 22
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:47 am

Thank you.
Time to make my female gnome that can't be killed by everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:14 am

Here, sadly Vendryas -- I have to disagree. At the start of your post, you clearly wrote that if you engage combat, you are risking your character's possible death. It is the same with Dragons -- If you engage combat with a Dragon, you are even extremely likely to die. I don't see the reason you downgraded Dragon's abilities. It won't stop any Dragon from using a flame breathe that will most likely melt -any- saronite-unarmed mortal. It won't stop anybody from crushing their opponent with a claw the size of your house. See? If they engage combat with the community of Dragons, it's their -own fault- if their characters die, why must we be hunt down? Some of us are Druids who do not seek combat, some are mad, some are evil, true. But why hunt down the Dragon community itself? Why must we be -blamed- for being accepted as Dragons? There is not a single reason to downgrade a Dragon's powers -- And you know it's not that possible.

Quote :

. .I love you.

You did what was right to the server! Though, I do suggest you find how you can downsize the communities prestige classes. In my opinion, I think they should only go to trusted individuals.

Prestige classes are also a bastion of godmodding, along with the dragons. Also, players should not have authority, so they can't deem control for no real reason. These positions should go to trusted individuals as well.

Just my two cents, other then that I think this plan is perfect!

True, maybe it -could- be given to only trusted individuals. But now, under human laws we've been given already Draconic Rank, unless we disobey part of the Terms of Use of Dragons and/or the server's rules, there isn't a single reason to remove Dragonflight rank from other innocent players that never even -engaged- combat -- Yes, I may be overexaggerating, I am quite sure every dragon engaged combat. Personally, I -don't- engage combat, I get -engaged-. I got attacked by a Frenzy Orc yesturday, I got attacked by demons 2 months ago. I got attacked by Lenthalicus, Jaspen, ondoranku and 4 other priests and corrupted into the nightmare a month and a half ago.

Dragons should remember, nay, KNOW never to seek out Combat unless you have a damn good IC reason and not just because someone even calls you "poxy son of a motherless ogre" to start entering dragonform and roaring! -- Even when Krasus almost got -killed- by a Draenei he didn't enter Dragon form.

Unless I am going with a guild to combat the Nightmare for example, or there's ad amn good reason I am part of the Stormwind Army and have been selected to attack Y Guild -- There isn't a reason to seek out combat. And I say this to all the server.


Despite Dragon's abilities have been downgraded for X Reasons, I have yet to see a -single- soul who did NOT attack a Dragon and yet wanted to live. You engage even a worm in combat, You are automatically agreeing to character's possible death!


Last edited by Zamoonda on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razmataz
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-03-16
Age : 22
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 am

So, Zamoonda, do you want half the population to be dragons, an extremely rare and overpowered race?

I don't even want dragons in this realm TBH. They muck up everyones attitude to serious RP fights.
Examples include people not getting all in awe seeing a dragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 am

Razmataz wrote:
So, Zamoonda, do you want half the population to be dragons, an extremely rare and overpowered race?

I don't even want dragons in this realm TBH. They muck up everyones attitude to serious RP fights.
Examples include people not getting all in awe seeing a dragon.

I edited my post. Re-read it.


Response to your post: Never have I said so, half the realm already -is- Dragons, but it is not the Player's FAULT they have been selected Dragons, until the population of Dragons downgrade itself (such as, letting their dragons die and so on) -- No dragon (Maybe a few, I do not know) has crossed the Terms of Use of Dragons, so why get their dragon flight rank removed or make them a weak as a peon? When it is NOT Their own god damn fault?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razmataz
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-03-16
Age : 22
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 am

Calm down on the language. Approach this discussion in a civil manner, it'd be best for all viewers.

Nonetheless, I do understand where your getting at. People exploited our open-mannered choice of dragons and now we can't get rid of them fast enough, if at all. Dragons are meant to be extremely rare, hardly any blues around, blacks hated, bronze trying to stabilize time, green dealing with the dream and reds, well, the most commonplace at the moment after the Grim Batol incident.

I still think people, if dragons, should rarely shape-shift. Take the example of Krasus, aka, Korialstratsz; he only metamorphed into a dragon when needing to fly great distances, or to force himself out of dangerous situations and deal with harder foes, never any other reason. Yet I see people in dragon form just for show.

Yeah, show-off their rank, please. You wouldn't just sleep as a dragon in random place a.

But what do we know.
We can't cut down on dragons until we place a new rule in, and that rule may very well ---- up dragonkind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:24 am

I'm extremely sorry, just woke up and was raging, sorry 'bout that -- Indeed, we're correct and incorrect.

Yeah, I agree. Rarely do I even shapeshift to aD ragon, On Azshara I believe I shapeshifted maybe 9 times in total of 6 months of RP (Yeah, I am NOT Overexaggerating) Here, I about 50 times (If you count being a Dragon for days for 2 weeks still in the Dragonblight) But more accurate, about 3 times if you don't count the latter.

Being a Dragon is a great responsibility..As the Draconic Community, it is our duty to stay on top-shape and follow the rules, so we will not cause our own end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thezlayer



Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Less qq   Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 am

It is clear that there to many dragons. And why shoulden't dragons accept being killed in a one on one fight ? Did you apply just to become OP? No right? Then there shoulden't be a problem in being killed one on one, and a proper roleplayer will ALWAYS accept the death of his or her character as a opportuinity when roleplay-fighting. Simple as that.

Sorry if there were any harsh words, but this is my opinion. Dragons are like other people. Vulnerable, kill-able, and they should NOT resist death at ANY point, no matter the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 am

thezlayer wrote:
It is clear that there to many dragons. And why shouldn't dragons accept being killed in a one on one fight ? Did you apply just to become OP? No right? Then there shouldn't be a problem in being killed one on one, and a proper roleplayer will ALWAYS accept the death of his or her character as a opportunity when roleplay-fighting. Simple as that.

Sorry if there were any harsh words, but this is my opinion. Dragons are like other people. Vulnerable, kill-able, and they should NOT resist death at ANY point, no matter the situation.

There, is where you are wrong. I became a dragon for my own reasons, And you must understand you would die IRL Against a bull..How would you fare against one of the most intelligent beings in the Universe?

Sorry, but I cannot accept now we're being Godmoded at. It's like saying with a single kick you can shatter my hide -- Preposterous!

I Will have you know I've accepted death more then you will ever do. How many characters have been my main I let just -die-? I've let Kolam die, I've let Metlen die, I've let Eldre'than die -- I've let so, so many characters -die-. I don't engage combat since I'm not up to killing anybody -unless- they say they want to suicide against a much-more intelligent being. I will have you know that if I will get engaged combat, I will not let a single pitchfork pierce my heart and kill me. That, my friend -- Is called Undergodmoding. Or, in other words -- Being godmoded. If someone argues he can chop off my head witha wooden pitchfork, that's called Godmoding good sirs. And Godmoding against powerful things is NOT the answer, I will assure all of you that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thezlayer



Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Sigh   Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:16 am

There's no need for harsh language or whining, Zamoonda. No one can live forever. Even if you're a very wise and intelligent being - Why can't other people be that aswell? The human brain dosen't have exact limitations in the world of Azeroth. People can be wise and out-smart you, and kill you, no matter how ancient, how wise, how intelligent, you are. These are the simple facts there needs to be not to have dragons being OP. Now i suggest you follow Cody's announcement without any more whining, as there's no need for it, and his words shall be law on RebelWoW.

Edit: And you're correct. No one should god emote just because there fighting dragons. Dragons can easily be defeatet with a quick-thinking mind, a fast moving body, and a sharp sword. Nothin' a average person can't handle if trained well enough. Yet, most seems not to be, so most can't bring down a dragon on there own.

-Ace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revan

avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-03-18
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 am

thezlayer wrote:

Edit: And you're correct. No one should god emote just because there fighting dragons. Dragons can easily be defeatet with a quick-thinking mind, a fast moving body, and a sharp sword. Nothin' a average person can't handle if trained well enough. Yet, most seems not to be, so most can't bring down a dragon on there own.

-Ace

That is impossible to do. None except Mathias Shaw and Black Rain,Defias and other Assassin rogue leader(s) should be able to be so fast, most of the characters people play are either: Super fast. Super Smart. Super Strong. Super Strong Impenetrable Armor.

If you read the profile of Revan, you'll see his habit is also his strength AND weakness. His parents were both assassins, he held a blade when he was 4, killed the first at 7, I have a good reason for my abillities: DNA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thezlayer



Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Sigh   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:06 am

And here comes the question. If people can't be that, Then why can dragons? Because they apply to be OP? They say they apply to rp the race. Thats cool, understandable. BUT THEN why do they whine over being attacked & Possible killed one on one? They shouldent, unless they purely signed up for being OP.

Anyway, i'm not gonna bother with this discussion, nothing but endless whining from dragons who can't stand losing.

-Ace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Revan

avatar

Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-03-18
Age : 24
Location : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:08 am

People create certain characters because they want to try something new, and here comes my point: When people go QQing about Dragons, create a Dragon Hunter and hunt them, sure, you will be OMGWTFIGNOARED by Dragons, but there isn't shit you can do about it, if someone doesn't want to RP with a certain someone, they don't HAVE to RP with said person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:04 am

thezlayer wrote:
There's no need for harsh language or whining, Zamoonda. No one can live forever. Even if you're a very wise and intelligent being - Why can't other people be that aswell? The human brain dosen't have exact limitations in the world of Azeroth. People can be wise and out-smart you, and kill you, no matter how ancient, how wise, how intelligent, you are. These are the simple facts there needs to be not to have dragons being OP. Now i suggest you follow Cody's announcement without any more whining, as there's no need for it, and his words shall be law on RebelWoW.

Edit: And you're correct. No one should god emote just because there fighting dragons. Dragons can easily be defeatet with a quick-thinking mind, a fast moving body, and a sharp sword. Nothin' a average person can't handle if trained well enough. Yet, most seems not to be, so most can't bring down a dragon on there own.

-Ace

How about I'll redirect that to you? Since I'm quite raging IRL due to a issue.


There's no need for great whining, thezlayer. Eredars, Dragons, Demigods, Gods, and so on can live forever. Even if you're a very super-assasin and godlly worm leader - Why can't other people just shut up and not engage combat? The human brain doesn't have exact limitations in the world of Azeroth. People can be wise,but they are NOT in any way gods, and will be killed if they are arrogant enough to attack a dragon, no matter how trained, how wise, how intelligent, you are. These are the simple facts there needs to be not to have people whining about Dragons being OP. Now i suggest you follow the human brain's functions and not think that you are Norgannon the Spellweaver without any more whining, as there's no need for it, and and the words of Lore will bring balance on RebelWoW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thezlayer



Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Sigh   Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 am

Ah, since you keep on thinking dragons are god and not beatable by a person, i suggest you take the fact up with Cody, or read his announcement again =)
Good day to you, sir Zamoonda
-Ace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SourPuddle

avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Land of the witless, woe is me

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:30 am

Thezlayer, please, next time can you tell him, more politely, that he should stop being persistant.

Revan, those traits do not get carried over. Eyecolour gets carried over. Hair colour get If my mother was a carpenter and my father was a carpenter, and they trained me to be a carpenter, that's another thing, but if I run away and become a chef, I'm not going to know anything about being a carpenter. I suggest you revise your character. We will not discuss him here.

Zamoonda, you are indeed being persistant and you're avoiding to see what we're saying. Why we engage in combat? World of Warcraft. I don't know about you, but when I'm on a human, I am not going to have a nice tea party with fel-sucking Blood Elves. Of course, if you're with the ones of your faction, you shouldn't be fighting them. I know you weren't intending such, but face the fact, roleplaying out fights is a major part of the game since the Horde and the Alliance are at war. You need to understand, you're saying that 'Why should I be punished, I'm doing what's right!', well, those who subtly stay in their normal form and avoid the company of Dragon Hunters will live long. Otherwise, the ones who just can't do that will be hunted. There are just too many Dragons here right now, and we need to lower the population; you're lucky they're doing it ICly and not OOCly.

Also, Zamoonda, if you want to present a point, please take a few breaths and revise your posts to strike anything out disrespectful or generally rude. We're here to be mature and discuss the situation, and I know you intend to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razmataz
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 168
Join date : 2009-03-16
Age : 22
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:46 pm

It's hardly WARcraft now.

Jaina made a peace treaty, merely game mechanics allow us to attack the horse and vice versia.

Sure, you'd rather sit next to a human rather than an orc IRL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.defendersofthedream.tk
NeoWarrior



Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:03 pm

An interesting system I think would be cool to try is that every once in awhile, GMs and Vend get together and choose two -normal- players to design two powerful characters. Both are enemies to one another, one is good, one is evil.

Around this small rivalry can grow guilds, heroes, expose villains, so on and so forth. And anyone could join in on it. For instance say the villain player's goal is to destroy Stormwind. Just as we do now for the Eternal Army they could be given the advantage in some way whether it be a base, control of a faction, a weapon, powers, or something that would act as the main aspect of their threat.

Of course, the good guy will have allies, his own average than normal powers, and so on and so forth so that both of the two characters are at odds but can make use of the players around them for advantages.

Not only would this system require the trust in the two individuals but also they'd have to most likely communicate in order to spawn more RP and to get along. There has to be a restriction on how they can effect those around them. Of course the evil guy is going to try and make this henchmen better, and the hero will try to inspire those around him to do good. But there shouldn't be any equality in power between either of center characters and those that serve them. For instance we wouldn't want a Nathreziem villain with an Eredar servant. Or a veteran war hero with a Red Dragon.

This idea has its flaws but I think it has potential. That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlatantDisobedience

avatar

Posts : 337
Join date : 2009-03-15
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Something like that is already happening actually, Neo.

Tarinath is a Titan Avatar whom is mainly a light-based Avatar.

Whereas Volund is a corrupted Titan Avatar. However, Vend never plays Volund and I don't really have a chance to play Tarinath much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scyon

avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2009-03-19
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Ok, guys, Stop bickering about Dragons and Eredar and Titanmoders or wtfever >.<

LISTEN! And listen well:
ALL BEINGS CAN DIE
GIVEN THE CORRECT AND PERFECT CIRCUMSTANCES
NOTHING CAN LIVE FOREVER
THERE IS NEVER THE CORRECT AND PERFECT CIRCUMSTANCES
ALL BEINGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO KILL ANY OTHER BEING
GIVEN THE CORRECT AND PERFECT CIRCUMSTANCES

Nothing, and let me repeat this
Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing!
Has the inability to die, nothing is immortal and Invincible.
Not a Dragon
Not a Titan
Not an Elf
Not a Demi-God
Not a God, Orc, Human, Goblin, Troll, so on, so on, so on

Any Being can kill another, let me re-itterate this,
GIVEN THE CORRECT AND PERFECT CIRCUMSTANCES
That means:
Gods, Dragons, Demi-Gods, Deities, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Humans, Foxes, Bunny Rabbits, Rocks, Ents, Treants, Titans, Whatever Races im missing
CAN AND WILL EVENTUALLY DIE
NO matter who, and no matter what you are, you CAN die
IF YOU DIE GO WITH IT!
don't bitch
don't complain
don't whine
don't E-Rage
AND DO NOT ACCUSE THE OTHER OF GOD-MODING IF THEY WERE NOT GOD-MODING



[/endcaps]

Please, people, Think, use the mind you were given for the betterment of our dysfunctional family, and please PLEASE
Have a Good Day Role Playing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/silver_jet_dragon
Valina

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-03-21
Location : Outside your window

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:40 pm

My two cents time! (?)

I get where everyone is coming from with the argument of Dragons being too OP. But you're generalizing -way- too much. People these days always want to punish the whole for the actions of the one, this works sometimes, but is not effective in other situations. How each person uniquely RPs their Dragon determines whether their Dragon is OP at all, and whether or not dragon hunters have any reason to be attacking them.

For instance, only two people know both Aethelinda's Dragon form and, usual, Elven disguise. One of them is another Dragon, and the other is my Dragon Sworn. If a Dragon Hunter ambushed me or just attacked me or w/e, I -would- ignore them, because they would have no reason to know who I am. I constantly change my appearance IC and change clothes. In addition, I give false names all the time when I change my appearance. This is because Aethelinda is a Red, and isn't among the younger races to cause trouble. She is observing them in a peaceful manner. The only battle she has, to this point, been involved in, was one between Dragons.

As for changing into Dragon form too much...something people seem to be forgetting, is that a Dragon's Dragon form is there -actual- body/form. It is the appearance they would be more comfortable using, and does not require energy to use. Their mortal disguises require magic to project, if not maintain. ( I'm not 100% if they are a constant drain on energy ) For a Dragon to be in a public or easily accessible place and be in Dragon form is a little silly, yes, but if they are in their assumed lair, a private meeting place, or the Dragonblight, for instance, then it is completely reasonable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zamoonda

avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2009-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Valina said this all-too-well. But personally, this is the last issue I'd personally try to improve.


I would want the -Rules- themselves to be enforced. If it says an immediate 2-hour ban and the second offense for example a Permanent Ban -- I expect it to be so. If it says Godmoding (And I mean -GODMODING-) Says it's a 3 hour ban, so it's a 3 hour ban. It -clearly- states "No Warnings" Then why do people receive a chance when the rules clearly states that you don't get a chance? Even though I prefer that there would be -One- chance rather then none, this is getting preposterous.


Rule -1-

Quote :

t is the policy of Rebel WoW not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, orientation or disability. Breaking this rule will result in a two-hour ban, and the second offense will result in a permenant ban on your account. We give no warnings for this rule - you should know not to insult someone at all, but this sort of thing will not be tolerated.

I've reported someone that I will not disclose here about this rule, Permanent ban should have been received a month ago.




Rule -2-
Quote :

God-moding or meta-gaming. I really can't stress enough that this is a simple rule; if you god-mode/metagame, you'll be given a warning, then a 2-hour ban on your account, then a permenent one. It's not hard to follow, so I expect everyone to abide by this rule.

I see this way too often. It's a everyday rule, last thing I'd enforce, I'd enforce the others firstly.

Rule -3-
Quote :

Be respectful. This is quite possibly the easiest rule to follow on the list. We, as the GMs, work extremely hard to make this server greater than before. However this doesn't mean you can disrepspect your fellow roleplayer. No, we expect respect shown to every roleplayer you meet.

Wow, I never knew this rule existed. It seems like it doesn't -- Too much, I'm laughing my ass off right now.

Rule -4-

Quote :

While ERP is allowed, you must be in a private area where nobody has to see it happening. Do it in whispers if you have to, but do not EVER even think about doing the deed in majorly-populated areas, unless they are empty. In addition to this, anyone stealthing, using invisibility or otherwise spying on RPers during these moments, will be punished if caught. A tip to keep your moments private is to use the '/who' command regularly to check for people in the area.

This rule is currently fine, in my view. Haven't seen a single sexual emote in Silvermoon, Moonglade and so yet in this server. Good job.

Rule -5-

Quote :

The modification of cities or towns is now restricted to the administrator-level. Game Masters wishing to modify certain areas MUST ask permission of the administrator to modify zones, and must give a detail explanation for why they wish to do this, and what they'll be doing. This includes, but is not limited to, purging of cities, spawning massive structures and adding objects that could lag the server. The breaking of this rule will enact a 2-hour ban onto your account, and you .go spawn abilities removed.

GM related.

Rule -6-

Quote :

The Game Masters are here to uphold the law of the server -- however, they are not the bad guys. They should, and will be, treated with respect at all times. If you have a dispute with a Game Master, then it can be solved peacefully, without escalating to hostile means. If this occurs and it is your fault, you will be punished by the GM Council. However if the Game Master is responsible, you will be given a cordial apology and that GM will be punished.

I think you should change that rule that the Game Masters must show respect to players, I see great respect to GMs but little respect GMs are to players.

Rule -7-

Quote :

The chat channels were made for a reason -- use them correctly. Anything vulgar or sex-related goes into the Adult channel; if your looking for roleplay, then join the LFRP channel. Advertising for your guild? Join the Guild channel. Anything else can go into OOC, and again try and keep things in there clean and appropriate.

Is breaked from time-to-time, I don't mind really.

Rule -8-

Quote :

Disputes among normal roleplaying characters can, and will be solved through whispers. These arguments are not to be shared amonst the roleplaying community as a whole, and this includes on the Ventrilo server -- if a peaceful solution cannot be made, then call for a Game Master and we will do our best to help you solve your problem with a clean, unbiased view on the problem.

All I've to say Way. Too. Often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wrin

avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2009-03-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Zamoonda wrote:
Valina said this all-too-well. But personally, this is the last issue I'd personally try to improve.


I would want the -Rules- themselves to be enforced. If it says an immediate 2-hour ban and the second offense for example a Permanent Ban -- I expect it to be so. If it says Godmoding (And I mean -GODMODING-) Says it's a 3 hour ban, so it's a 3 hour ban. It -clearly- states "No Warnings" Then why do people receive a chance when the rules clearly states that you don't get a chance? Even though I prefer that there would be -One- chance rather then none, this is getting preposterous.


Rule -1-

Quote :

t is the policy of Rebel WoW not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, orientation or disability. Breaking this rule will result in a two-hour ban, and the second offense will result in a permenant ban on your account. We give no warnings for this rule - you should know not to insult someone at all, but this sort of thing will not be tolerated.

I've reported someone that I will not disclose here about this rule, Permanent ban should have been received a month ago.




Rule -2-
Quote :

God-moding or meta-gaming. I really can't stress enough that this is a simple rule; if you god-mode/metagame, you'll be given a warning, then a 2-hour ban on your account, then a permenent one. It's not hard to follow, so I expect everyone to abide by this rule.

I see this way too often. It's a everyday rule, last thing I'd enforce, I'd enforce the others firstly.

Rule -3-
Quote :

Be respectful. This is quite possibly the easiest rule to follow on the list. We, as the GMs, work extremely hard to make this server greater than before. However this doesn't mean you can disrepspect your fellow roleplayer. No, we expect respect shown to every roleplayer you meet.

Wow, I never knew this rule existed. It seems like it doesn't -- Too much, I'm laughing my ass off right now.

Rule -4-

Quote :

While ERP is allowed, you must be in a private area where nobody has to see it happening. Do it in whispers if you have to, but do not EVER even think about doing the deed in majorly-populated areas, unless they are empty. In addition to this, anyone stealthing, using invisibility or otherwise spying on RPers during these moments, will be punished if caught. A tip to keep your moments private is to use the '/who' command regularly to check for people in the area.

This rule is currently fine, in my view. Haven't seen a single sexual emote in Silvermoon, Moonglade and so yet in this server. Good job.

Rule -5-

Quote :

The modification of cities or towns is now restricted to the administrator-level. Game Masters wishing to modify certain areas MUST ask permission of the administrator to modify zones, and must give a detail explanation for why they wish to do this, and what they'll be doing. This includes, but is not limited to, purging of cities, spawning massive structures and adding objects that could lag the server. The breaking of this rule will enact a 2-hour ban onto your account, and you .go spawn abilities removed.

GM related.

Rule -6-

Quote :

The Game Masters are here to uphold the law of the server -- however, they are not the bad guys. They should, and will be, treated with respect at all times. If you have a dispute with a Game Master, then it can be solved peacefully, without escalating to hostile means. If this occurs and it is your fault, you will be punished by the GM Council. However if the Game Master is responsible, you will be given a cordial apology and that GM will be punished.

I think you should change that rule that the Game Masters must show respect to players, I see great respect to GMs but little respect GMs are to players.

Rule -7-

Quote :

The chat channels were made for a reason -- use them correctly. Anything vulgar or sex-related goes into the Adult channel; if your looking for roleplay, then join the LFRP channel. Advertising for your guild? Join the Guild channel. Anything else can go into OOC, and again try and keep things in there clean and appropriate.

Is breaked from time-to-time, I don't mind really.

Rule -8-

Quote :

Disputes among normal roleplaying characters can, and will be solved through whispers. These arguments are not to be shared amonst the roleplaying community as a whole, and this includes on the Ventrilo server -- if a peaceful solution cannot be made, then call for a Game Master and we will do our best to help you solve your problem with a clean, unbiased view on the problem.

All I've to say Way. Too. Often.

Personally I believe in the old motto of "Less whining more effort" and I also believe that incompetent men blame others for their mistakes. But that's my opinion, not yours I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thezlayer



Posts : 50
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Wrin FTW.   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:08 am

I support Wrin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Announcement Discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
Announcement Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Apocalypse Discussion
» Skyrim Discussion
» Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
» Wrestling Discussion Thread
» TORA MSA GT Sprint Series - General Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel WoW :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: