Rebel WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've grown tired of uberness.

Go down 
+8
Jintal544
UnholyDisciple
Ataman
SourPuddle
Zamoonda
Taikand
AmionDragonbane
Gnomeys
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gnomeys
Gnomeys

I've grown tired of uberness. Empty
PostSubject: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:46 pm

I come to believe that I've grown tired of people going around being uber. People that go around saying " I'm god, you lose. " I've grown quite tired. Even better, when paladins go around saying " I can resurrect you in the matter of seconds without breaking a sweat! " In lore they are only certain people that can do that and they are: Alexstraza (SP) and the titans and maybe a divine. People go around all day in RP saying " I am unbeatable wearing T7/T8. I hate it when people start saying " I am more powerful, you're going to lose either way " Oh, if someone kills you in RP logically, please, don't beg and be like " Oh you god modded! I'm telling! " If someone has beaten you logically - Die. Also, don't come back to life in the matter of seconds, because it's impossible, I'm sorry. Why can't people act normal in RP and maybe make up your own custom gear and not wear this epic looking gear. NOT EVERYONE IS AN ARCHMAGE OR SUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER POWERFUL! Why can't people act normal and maybe do a town RP like some people do such as me. It's quite fun if you actually put your mind to it and actually make your own custom gear.

That brings me to my next point of being the rising population in our server. When this does happen they're going to be a-lot more restrictions on classes when the server starts to boom with life. Guys, you really need to cut back on being super powered freaks! I mean you can be a powerful character but please don't go around being like " I'll kill you in one hit with out breaking a sweat, now just cower in fear of me " Try to act normal in RP and just go with the flow of normal RP, please.

Thank you for reading.

- Ecrosetis - santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tigger50602
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Well, it seems like there's been a lot of discussion about this... We've got four or five threads worth— At least. Presumably, the reason for this is that people think nothing is being done to resolve this issue. If enough people are really feeling strongly about it, as I know many are, action really should be taken.

But in order to do that, we should think up some solutions to the problem, doing something constructive, instead of ranting about it, as we've seen a lot of that already. Perhaps, instead of having an endless wave of threads like these being started, we can have a thread where we work together to come to an agreement? It seems that if we come up with a workable solution to the problem, people would be more willing to listen, and even help.

[/hypocrisy] Razz
Back to top Go down
http://amimir.deviantart.com
Taikand

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am

I'm supporting this but I'm not going to post a whole novel full of complaints.
One way to solve this would be to limit the interaction between powerful character and normal ones.
I mean what's the whole reason of an "ub3r-pwrfll" character to kill a weak one or to even attack one?
That way no one can whine about having their character "ub33r-pwwnd" by someone else.
A second way would be to limit a character's power and make interaction more powerful.
You want to resurrect your friend or forge a powerful (but not too powerful) sword?
Gather a party and raid some ruins, gather some tablets..find someone who is fluent in ancient languages to translate them,then find a blacksmith to forge the sword.
In one word INTERACTION. That way you can kill all the boredom in our server.
Make every out of the ordinary action a story line.
P.S Use the gear only for the looks.

Wow,that's a kinda long reply.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am

Taikand wrote:
I'm supporting this but I'm not going to post a whole novel full of complaints.
One way to solve this would be to limit the interaction between powerful character and normal ones.
I mean what's the whole reason of an "ub3r-pwrfll" character to kill a weak one or to even attack one?
That way no one can whine about having their character "ub33r-pwwnd" by someone else.
A second way would be to limit a character's power and make interaction more powerful.
You want to resurrect your friend or forge a powerful (but not too powerful) sword?
Gather a party and raid some ruins, gather some tablets..find someone who is fluent in ancient languages to translate them,then find a blacksmith to forge the sword.
In one word INTERACTION. That way you can kill all the boredom in our server.
Make every out of the ordinary action a story line.
P.S Use the gear only for the looks.

Wow,that's a kinda long reply.

Not that long -- And I don't do "Gear for looks" that's why I always -- Sorry, NEVER -- Wear, unless in Capital Cities or villages, Shoulderpads. Either I wear in Inns with my human character Game Master Robes or Imbued Netherweave Robe or the Priest Trainer's Robes. (All same model, different skin. Mainly it's for for example sleeping, or not grip a drink with a gauntlet fully-armored fist. You don't, No, NEVER wear armor insides inns.

People should know if they don't want to get their fucking ass pwned then not to engage combat. Good sirs, Combat is your character's damned life! If you ENGAGE COMBAT you are AUTOMATICLY AGREEING to CHARACTER Death! (Lol..got some sudden rage) I have HAD it with people whining that I am a Dragon, that I have a sword and not a pitchfork, or that I am about to kill them -- Members of rebel WoW, You Engage Combat -- You are AUTOMATICLY Agreeing to possible character death and NON-Ressurection!
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:22 am

Guys, you can always remind them of the second rule if you feel their character is out of hand. Take advantage of it.

Also, because there is a surplus of these topics, it's obvious that you're truly tired of these 'uber' characters. I'm sure a form of action will come, because it seems like a rather major issue from the forum perspective.
Back to top Go down
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Posting topics about this wont help, since people create uber char and they will continue. Some of them even dont read your topic. Well 30% who agreed with you. Other are owners of pretty "Uber" chars and I even know who but I wont tell... So, spamming with topic about "I am so tired of uber chars" is useless since most of people dont even read them.
PLUS.
If people like to wear "Uber" sets and so...let them to wear it! This is really their problem I dont see why it should bother you.
Back to top Go down
AmionDragonbane

AmionDragonbane

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Ataman wrote:
Posting topics about this wont help, since people create uber char and they will continue. Some of them even dont read your topic. Well 30% who agreed with you. Other are owners of pretty "Uber" chars and I even know who but I wont tell... So, spamming with topic about "I am so tired of uber chars" is useless since most of people dont even read them.
PLUS.
If people like to wear "Uber" sets and so...let them to wear it! This is really their problem I dont see why it should bother you.

Here here to the final statement, but I was under the impression that posts such as these, and the other threads were asking the management of the server to please take action in reducing the amount of "Uber, PWNz0R1337" activity on the server. Normally, people who are really that bad at RPing wouldn't check the forums; But they have to abide by the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://amimir.deviantart.com
UnholyDisciple

UnholyDisciple

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:42 pm

I've been bumming around a few other genres of roleplaying for a couple weeks while I'm waiting for Hamachi to fix itself, namely; superhero RP's.

Sure, we all know of Superman, Spiderman and the X-men, and they all seem pretty powerful. But, they all have one thing in common; they have weaknesses. Superman and his Kryptonite, for example.

When creating a character in a Superhero-themed RP, one also selects weaknesses to combat the 2D-ness of some characters. Perhaps we have a cosmic-powered supersoldier who can throw buses with his pinky? All well and good, assuming he has some crippling form of disadvantage to him, such as; Being insecure, having a moral code against killing, etc etc.

What I suggest is a new format of character creation on this server, requiring the creator to list all potential abilities of the character, within the universal code of Lore of course (ie no uberpawnsess), and having to list all weaknesses of their character, as well.

Perhaps using a point system having a cap of 350 spending points for abilities (more powerful abilities costing more points) while having 'disadvantages' to your character refunds points costs?

So there you go, my idea of solving this problem of UBEROMGWTFBBQHAX[i][u] proportions.
Back to top Go down
Zamoonda

Zamoonda

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Doubt that's our problem -- Well, personally I have too many weaknesses, but laughably not a single feckin' soul is even -trying- to figure them out! I am powerful with strenght and magic with Koragos..everyone tries to match them! I have too many weaknesses..But I laugh my ass off each time someone challenges me into some sort of duel of magics to kill me, ro hunt me down with a Gronn or with a magical net -- Attacks isn't my weakness folks.
Back to top Go down
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm

/salutes Ecro
THANK THE LORD, Someone posted this! =P
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
Khallas

Khallas

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Here's how action can be taken:

GM's, enforce a no tolerance for power-gaming. Ban all of those that refuse to dumb-down their thirst for non-existent power. And that's really all that needs to be done.

For the players, stop playing really strong characters. Very simple. And if you come across anyone that is this awesome amazing uber character, then ignore and find another RP with someone else. If the power-gamer so desires, they can find their way to the right places and learn from their mistakes.

Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Gnomeys
Gnomeys

PostSubject: Thank you.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:14 pm

A sensible man.

Problem is solved..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tigger50602
Jintal544

Jintal544

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:49 am

Suggestion: If you want your character to be powerful, then DONT GO AROUND KILLIN PEOPLE! People who are really strong and powerful IRP (especially mages) are the wiser ones who strategize against the enemy, NOT fight them.
And if ur an uber character who says, "I can do whatever shit I want!" then, you, my good fello, have officially failed...
Back to top Go down
http://super_ska_fan55@yahoo.com
Ataman
Ataman

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:15 am

I really love to see how "Some" people that prefer to power-game sometimes... Just consern with Ecro right now. Like not to show themselves from bad side.
Back to top Go down
Vendryas
Admin
Vendryas

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:47 pm

This has inspired me. I'm going to create a simple blacksmith. Just a blacksmith living in Redmoore (Custom RP town, seeing as how it's barren D: )

And then I'm going to create an Old God! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

... only kidding; however I am going to make a blacksmith :]
Back to top Go down
https://rebelwow.forumotion.net
Scyon

Scyon

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 pm

I have made Typhon! The ultimate Anathema to Godmoding!
He!
IS!
SPARTA! i mean..... TYPHON!
hehehe, He works as a blacksmith, Bowyer and Fletcher, Leather worker, and a Hidden Night blade
But mostly the first however much :3, and if permitted He would like to join Vendies custom RP city Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/silver_jet_dragon
Vendryas
Admin
Vendryas

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Sure thing. Very Happy The custom city was always open... .rec p redmoore much? However, no one ever went there D:
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:26 pm

I'd like to point out that if there is a lot of killing going on, and it's happening with guards and other NPC's around, I'd really like you to take them into consideration. Use common sense: if you smack someone with your axe and finish him off in Stormwind, you're not going to be able to do so. Guards will stop you, even if they don't in the game, take the NPC's into IC consideration.

With this, note that no one can kill you if you're in a city, which should up the city-based RP. Remember, your character can still be interesting without being the most intelligent person in the world, or without having Thrall as your mom and Arthas as your dad! (Yeah, I have dre-- Nightmares. . .hehe.)
Back to top Go down
Scyon

Scyon

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm

To SourPuddle:
I'd been thinking of the NPC Guard thing, and have come to a reasonable conclusion:
Each SINGLE Unit [NPC] in the game accounts for ROUGHLY 10-12 actual units, if not more. If you see ONE guard, ICly your looking at anywhere between 4-20 actual guards.

REMEMBER WOW WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR ROLEPLAY!
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, not necessarily. But I'm pretty sure when one guard attacks, the rest will come. And no, your character, or a large group of characters would not be able to handle the guards. The guards would try to arrest you, and if they can't, then you have guards all against you.
Back to top Go down
Scyon

Scyon

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 pm

okay, hypothetically speaking... Lets take.... Stormwind for example
supposedly it is along the lines of 250k [250,000] Living beings within the walls of Stormwind. With roouuuggghhhlllyy.... a Thousandth of that [1/1000] maybe 250 NPCs inside of the walls of stormwind. Do you see the correlation?
I say what i said because otherwise we have noobs running around pulling an entire "runs up and slashes, ducking behind crates as the guard falls dead in the streets" emotes and 'kill' stormwind
And of course! You attack ONE guard... the entire city'll know about it within 10 minutes, no matter how large the city is. With a city like Stormwind, W.O.M.[Word of Mouth] Rules all!
Back to top Go down
SourPuddle

SourPuddle

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:42 pm

I thought you meant somewhere smaller. Hehe. But yes, attacking someone in Stormwind or ANY major cities would result in death or imprisonment.
Back to top Go down
Scyon

Scyon

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 pm

and even in most small cities..... shit, Goldshires got a supposed population of around 25k
Back to top Go down
Revan

Revan

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am

Tbh, with the combined effort of the Defias and Black Rain, we enslaved half of Westfall, it only has about 6,000 people in there, the Defias is with 18,000 and Black Rain's Assassination branch has about 1,380 members. Do the math and figure out how we killed them all.
Back to top Go down
Vendryas
Admin
Vendryas

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am

Mmmmhmm, and they may say strength is in numbers, however that doesn't always gaurantee victory. Most of the Goldshire popuation is civilians, maybe... 3000 (This is just an estimate so correct me if I'm wrong please) guards? They would be no match for the combined might of the Black Rain and Defias Brotherhood, especially with Roderick - a rather masterful tactician who organized the attack on Sentinel Hill with the efforts of Revan as well.

But don't worry... Goldshire isn't in our plans just yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've grown tired of uberness.   I've grown tired of uberness. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've grown tired of uberness.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rebel WoW :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: